Need help - Carver amp conversion from 220v to 110v

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncdave

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Carver TFM-35 that I purchased in Germany, and of course it is 220v only. Anyone know how to perform a power conversion?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Dave,
My advice is that amp is not worth the $$ you'll spend to convert it to 110. Sell it and get something else.

I had a TFM-35x. Very mediocre with MLs.

I have the instructions for TFM-25 which are probably the same.
PM me.

Or there are maybe two Carver user groups on the web, that may have local members.

Thanks for the replies all... I didnt pay much for the amp, so I'll probably take TomDac advice. I was really looking to use it for my Klipsch center. My ML's are powered by a Yamaha M-60 and it does pretty well.

The real answer is "it depends..." :) Sometimes the power stage is designed for both 110 and 220 markets, so it could be something as simple as moving a few wires, changing an internal jumper or switch, or pulling voltage off of a different tap on the power supply transformer. On the other hand, they might have used region-specific power supplies for the designated market, which generally means that you can't make the conversion without swapping in a replacement supply. An owners' group will likely have details as to whether it's feasible or not.

Latest posts

Back