Need advice for Rotel RMB 1565 amp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnyjax

Reaction score
Hi. I have martin logan ESL and ESL C for center. I am using DenonAVR X6400H right now. And some one offer me a used Rotel RMB 1565 amp (class D), its a 5 channel amp. I'm thinking to use this amp for my LCR. By bi wire/bi cable ( I don't know which one is the correct term) the fronts, so I am using all that 5 channels from the Rotel. Also what is the advantages/disadvantages using Class D amp for ESL? Any advices? Thank you.

Last edited:
Around the time this model was available new I was considering a two channel Rotel from the same series. Since info on these was scarce at the time I called Rotel and they said that these amps would not be recommended for electrostatics which go below two Ohms. And I really, really wanted to get one of these! I ended up getting the Krell I still have, albeit for a few times what the Rotel cost. If it's free, then go for it, but sonically I thought the Rotel was weak with the Vista model. I liked those amps with other speakers though!

I passively bi-amped (two amp channels per speaker with two speaker cables) my Vista speakers and noticed improvement. I never realized any benefit to bi-wiring (one amp channel per speaker with two speaker cables).

Back