msbs200

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Matt... when I was a kid, I had a GoGo type music and Rock band. We had three Vox Beatle Deluxe guitar power amplifiers, and four Yamaha big power amplifiers with 6 speakers that look like an elephant ear on each box, the Shure Voice Towers, one Westmister Vox bass amplifier that had an eighteen inch woofer. We had all this power amplifiers, and we did play sometimes at big power levels. At that time, been a kid, I was not too worried about my ears, and sometimes I had a ringing ears that last over three days, because I was exposed to that live high level sound. When I hit the 30's I became an audiophile... and did regret at that time, that I listened without any protection, my ears. So, I started to use protection, (ear plugs) when I was going to a concert, or any place that might be full of heavy SLP. I am happy to report that only small damage to my right ear. Still at my 65 years, I can listen a 12K pure tone, and I can pick-up the brand of the strings that you have on a Spanish classic guitar. I did study classical guitar for over 14 years. I had an accident where I had surgery at my lower back, with two discs that were damaged at the accident. So, I can't play any more long time, but usually I do play for 10 - 15 minutes at least. Enough to be show-off. (LOL). And Matt, I know what you are saying regarding the slam, robust well defined sound! It really gives to you the emotional feeling of the scene. At the band, we made a lot of noise, perhaps we were not a really good musician(s), but our sound was clean and undistorted. It is impossible to have in any sound system, the live sound of any musical instrument. But, we are getting closer. Since we have to record the sound, the first compromise is the quality of the mic. And there is no perfect mic. Your ears are perfect!, even that you can fool them sometimes, when you do some audio component comparisons. But, and the end, the ears are the final judgement. You have to choose what you liked and follow your instinct. Those are the finest tools that we can get, and are very delicate. They can be damaged without any reversal process. Enjoy the sound, my friend... and please excuse my dare of saying all what I did say Matt, my intention is honest! I wish that I could speak and write more fluent English to express more about it, but I am very short with vocabulary. My friend Matt, I wish you a very happy listening!.

I respect everything you say Roberto...with age comes wisdom. My comment earlier that your knowledge is light years ahead of mine was a compliment and meant in complete sincerity. I wasn't joking there at all.

I had lower spine surgery at age 21, so I know where you are coming from there too. Tinnitus is my close friend as well :)

Matt, I sure get worry about your high SPL listening level, my friend! I hate tinnitus too, but it is a sign of hearing loss. Be careful my friend... and also thank you for your kind words to this old costarrican crazy audiophile. Kind regards from Costa Rica,
and very, very happy listening! Again, please forgive my dare!

pleased to say the msb s200 works extremely well with the summit x, very big lift in performance. very very clear and sense of front to back soundstage has deepened. sense of realism has increased and snap and attack is beautiful
overall very enjoyable experience sonically

pleased to say the msb s200 works extremely well with the summit x, very big lift in performance. very very clear and sense of front to back soundstage has deepened. sense of realism has increased and snap and attack is beautiful
overall very enjoyable experience sonically

pics please!

you can see a small bit of damage to feet sadly caused by courier ? awaiting to see if these legs can be easily replaced or not as rather sad

Back