Motion 4's and loose banana plug

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hola Chess. Your bananas spreings are out of pressure. Buy new bananas, and your problem is solved. The Motion 4 uses standard hole for any banana. Try to get locking bananas as DHlabs. They are not too expensive and will kept the contact. You can find then at www.silversonic.com
Happy listening!

roberto: Thanks for the quick reply....

when you mean out of pressure what does that mean... that sounds odd..... They fit the back of the receiver pretty nicely... I was just confused that would happen....

The tip of each banana, has four or five metal strips, right? These metal strips act like a spring. With the aid of a small flat screw driver, try to bend this strips out, at the center of the banana, so you will have a tight connection again, or change the bananas. Happy listening.

The tip of each banana, has four or five metal strips, right? These metal strips act like a spring. With the aid of a small flat screw driver, try to bend this strips out, at the center of the banana, so you will have a tight connection again, or change the bananas. Happy listening.

I ordered some new ones too... just found it kinda weird I must say.....

Actually, I've tried a few banana plugs with my Motion 4's and they all seem a little loose. I unplugged my Vista's (Signal speaker cable with banana's and a tight fit) and plugged in the M4's and still loose. I've never had any connection problems but it is a little weird.

Actually, I've tried a few banana plugs with my Motion 4's and they all seem a little loose. I unplugged my Vista's (Signal speaker cable with banana's and a tight fit) and plugged in the M4's and still loose. I've never had any connection problems but it is a little weird.

I will see if these new plugs fix the issue or not... hopefully they will (shrugs)

Back