Montis reviews?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmschnur

Reaction score
I am thinking of the Montis as an upgrade for my Vantages . I will put the Vantages in another room.

Are there reviews of the Montis? Are there any Spire still available and if so where.

Thanks

Joel

Jeff Dorgay at Tone Audio magazine will be bringing out review. I anticipate this being very interesting!! :p. Spires a hard act to follow, I'd be interested to hear the Montis even though more digits in the chain!!!

Biggest difference is the DSP filter, other then that it is (in my opinion) pretty big aesthetic differences. The new Dark Black Cherry is almost worth the extra money to me hahaha. But that DSP filter really does add to that bass performance. Its very perception based, but if you're asking for an opinion I say go Monits, especially if you are already budgeted accordingly.

Listened to vantage ethos and montis. No spires available. Used sacds . Guitar, jazz, classical .

Montis was clear winner. Better bass and mid bass definition .

Now to optimize the room.

By extension you are looking at the same difference vantage vs ethos as you will Spire vs Montis. and since you heard those two then you can assume a similar sound increase

I have listened to both the Spires and the Ethos next to each other. The Ethos are really great, but the Spire is easily the winner. I am sure the Montis sounds just as good if not better than the Spires, but I can't imagine the DSP makes that much of a difference. The bass definition of the Spires was already really good.

Granted if someone wanted to trade a pair of Montis for my Spires I wouldn't refuse :)

Really hard to get the side by side comparison of Montis and Spire. Ethos was clearly better than Vantage in low to mid bass. However there are lots of differences between those two speakers. Spire and Montis are closer.

Back