Montis or Ethos ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope ...Spire and Montis and Summit X have panels which are 44" high x 11.3" wide. Ethos is 44" high x 9.2". The wider panels with greater surface area should sound more detailed than the narrower ones.
Generally a narrower panel will have better treble...but it has to trade off something in the lower midrange as a result.

...they should.
Yesterday my salesmen picked up the Montis. After "blind" listenings ( I can toggle beetween them interruption-free ) they also were astonished thay the Ethos is more detailed. They recommended to keep the Ethos.

I listened to Martin Logan speakers several times.
Summit - Ethos (see thread http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?13279-ML-Summit-vs.-Ethos&p=142986#post142986)
Montis alone - sound wonderful
Ethos - Montis - Summit X ( Montis was the winner )

Could it be, that there are slight variations of the panels?

Hello again,

after different tries with subwoofers ( without success ) I decided to listen again to Montis.
And now ( two month later ) the Montis sounds better. I think meanwhile the panels had enough time
to settle in. Bass was better anyway and now the highs are also fine ( goosebumps when listening ).:music:

I recently upgraded from Vantage to Spire and I must say that the difference is HUGE.

I was very pleased with my Vantages and thought they sounded really good so I had no intention of changing them until I recived a mail from a guy on a Swedish forum who needed som money for a MC.

I compared them with my friends ML Summit and we both like the Spire better

/Magnus

Mac,

Glad you revisited the issue and, as you stated in a previous post responding to my initial thoughts, glad you trust your ears.

GG

Hello again,

I want to share some experiences with you about my Montis.
In our hobby there is always room for improvement, even if you think your system is now perfect. :eek:
The Montis was set on spikes and I raised the back a little ( 1 cm ). Again the bass playing has improved.
Let me give you a recommendation for digital playback.
I use a Mac-Mini with iTunes connected via Auioquest USB cable to a DAC ( NAD M51 ).
Now I expanded Itunes with the Amarra-player. This results in a significant improvement in the playback.:music:

Regards
Udo

I have no doubt you would have been happy with the Ethos, but the Montis is a truly amazing loud speaker.

you're right. The Montis is realy amazing :music:
But now , after changing the speaker cables, the Montis sounds even better.
I' m changing the speaker cables to: Wireworld Eclipse 6 cables.:band:

you're right. The Montis is realy amazing :music:
But now , after changing the speaker cables, the Montis sounds even better.
I' m changing the speaker cables to: Wireworld Eclipse 6 cables.:band:
You should post your final configuration in the members' systems section.

Back