Monolith3 Replacement Woofers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

Reaction score
Yeah, that's worrying, I scanned DIYaudio, and others are reporting the same.
Must be a one-person show and they are either not responsive enough or have moved on.

Mike, I'd proceed with caution, only order once you'd established contact. And possibly, time to look for alternatives (Marchand is always one).
Jonathan... I haven't been able to contact Sublime either. I sent an e-mail several days ago with no response. So... armed with one of those 4 Preamps, and Two Class-D Gan 350 wpch Amplifiers, and One Polk Powered Sub-woofer... I would require a 3-Way XO (NOT a 2-way?) which COULD be either the Marchand XM44 OR the DBX Driverack Venu 360??? And if that's true, then it appears the DBX is not only cheaper ($1100 as opposed to $1400), but also offers a whole lot more in terms of features???

JonFo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Class-D Gan 350
That LSA GaN being discussed in this thread? LSA Voyager GaN 350 Teardown (Class D Amp)

First, I'd worry about a class D amp (especially one with bridged amps, like the modules in that one are, dealing with the raw panel. Also, it seems to have very poor value.
At that price, I'd encourage you to hunt for a used Sanders (rare as hens teeth because no one ever wants to sell theirs) or a used Coda 200wpc (or better). Coda are the OEMs for Sanders amps.

Also, no point in wasting good money on a fancy amp for the woofers, any run-of-the-mill class A/B or Class D amp will do. If part of an all balanced setup, then any number of affordable (<$700) Pro audio amps would work.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would require a 3-Way XO (NOT a 2-way?) which COULD be either the Marchand XM44 OR the DBX Driverack Venu 360??? And if that's true, then it appears the DBX is not only cheaper ($1100 as opposed to $1400), but also offers a whole lot more in terms of features???
Correct, you need an XO capable of a three-way split.

The DBX is my favorite, thanks to the flexibility and way more features, but it comes at the cost of setup complexity. Once configured, it is plug-and-play. But if anyone ever messes with settings (loading a different preset, etc.) then you need enough tech-savvy to know how to identify and recover from that.

The Marchand makes sense for a pure unbalanced (consumer audio using RCA connections) system with very low tech demands, as aside from gain levels for each output, not much to adjust on those.