Monolith prototype system/pix

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sad news...

I regret to inform you all of the death of John Blaine, who owned the Monolith prototypes in this thread. His memorial service will be held tomorrow in St. Louis. I actually helped put together the bio for his service. We were all shocked, as he had recently been released from the hospital from a recent heart attack and surgery. He was in good spirits and looking forward to recovering, and even wanted to start swimming again. He was only 60 years old, and will be missed.

I managed to pay for the repair of his Threshold Model 4000 amp and FET-10HL preamp, and brought them home to my system, per his wishes while he was alive. They have raised my system to a new incredible level. I have also put a deposit down on a pair of Monolith IIIx speakers, and look forward to paying those off and bringing them home.

Adrian

Since the original point of this thread was to mention the original monoliths and the pics in the AudioCircle article, here is an updated and working (as of February 2021) link.
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=43270.0
And for completeness, a local copy of the images:

Monolith_I_3.jpg

Monolith_I_2.jpg

Monolith_I_1.jpg

Back