Monolith foam tape

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pidigi

Reaction score
Hi all,
I had a problem on my Monolith: one of the panels has fallen on the floor....
Now I' trying to see if I'm able to rebuild the panels, but I'm wondering about the kind of double sided foam tape used. Seems it is a 3M product, does anyone know which model could be the right one?
Thank you very much,

Paolo

3M availability

Hello,

thank you very much for your reply.

I had a look at the 3M product line, seems to me also that VHB series is the one that should do the job. Between the various kind of VHB I think that the 5962 one would be the best. Others can confirm about that?

But.....
of course it is a specific product, with industrial applications as a target, and then it costs quite a lot. But that would be ok, I mean, I wish to make a good job and I'm prepared to pay what is needed to obtain the better materials. But here in Italy you have to buy 6 rolls as a minimum order, and I need 2 different width of tape, this means 12 rolls..... at the end, I'd pay for the tape as much as for the new panels.....

Any suggestion?

Happy Easter to you all,

Paolo

Hi Pidigi :D

Sry! to read about your MLM trouble :(

One of the two stators has more or less slipped loose, but the diaphram is still intact ? :confused:

I was thinking if you remove the front-stator panel complete,
you would actully be able to derectly clean the frontside of the diaphram,
if you intend to do the above tought/suggestion, i would love to see some pictures of the cleaning/rebuild process ;)

Good Luck

foam tape VHB

Dont worry i will send you some ;) if you email me your address i will put some in the post.

MLM trouble

Hi Retro

Hi Pidigi :D

Sry! to read about your MLM trouble :(

One of the two stators has more or less slipped loose, but the diaphram is still intact ? :confused:

I was thinking if you remove the front-stator panel complete,
you would actully be able to derectly clean the frontside of the diaphram,
if you intend to do the above tought/suggestion, i would love to see some pictures of the cleaning/rebuild process ;)

Good Luck

Actually the diaphragm seems intact, but after so many years I feel the urgent need to recoat it.... still don't know if I'll recoat this diaphragm or should I try to make all brand new....
Be sure, in any case I'll take a lot of pictures!

Bye and thanks,

Paolo

Back