ML stage center channel

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

projectormovielover

Reaction score
I love this speaker so I bought one

The rep at best buy said this center channel will not blend well with the electromotion .Could this be true ?

Hello,
That seems like an idiotic statement. The Stage and the ESL's both use the Xstat Panel and I absolutely love my Stage. I am assuming you are using the Electrostatic Model of the Electromotion Series. If not, I do understand why he might say that. Granted, most do not spend $1000 Dollars more on the Center Channel than the Mains (Front Speakers), but the CC is of the utmost importance in HT. The Motif would also do nicely and costs a bit less.
Cheers,
JJ

Yeah that statement seems a little off. Not sure why he would tell a customer that, unless it was a feeble attempt to "upsell" you to something else haha, but in that case he is just a little inexperienced at sales.

They will blend fine, dont worry. That sales person you talked to had some sort of thought in his head, but I would disregard it, unless you really do want to upgrade your mains haha

Don't ever take a Worst-Buy employees word for the truth. Especially when dealing with speakers such as Logans. The stage matches perfectly with the xstat panels. I would know I have mine paired with spires and it is amazing. Enjoy your stage, it is an awesome speaker.

I think it may have somthing to do with the aluminum woofers and the paper cones not being a match but my ML source sound ok with the stage

I recently went into Bestbuy and they were offering the Motif in Cherry at closeout $950.... I couldnt believe it so I snatched one up and currently testing it in my system. I really wanted to pickup a used Stage but couldnt pass up a new Motif for $950. I have 16 x 18 HT room and the ML rep said the Motif would be more than enough but I wouldve loved the Stage but too bad its $3k.

Latest posts

Back