Low budget DVD-Audio On computer.. Please read!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flykmair

Reaction score
I thought since we all have computers and more than likely most of you have it in a different room than your ML stuff and wouldn't be sweet to play your DVD-Audio Disc on your computer and get true DVd-Audio sound both in 2 Channel and 5.1. The 5.1 even has bass management you can even select crossover freqs for your speakers and sub. I being a power computer user just love this. I downloaded and installed and tested all day yesterday with 20 DVD-Audio Disc. Whats even better you can run it straight to a pre-amp just incase you have another cheaper HT system set up in your comp room. I tested i going to a Jolida JD 1000RC Tube Int going to ML Vistas and while not as good as my lexicon Rt-20($5000) player driving thru the Jolida to vistas it truely has a nice sound and you can even adjust bass and treble to fine tune since after all this is coming from a computer sound card. :cool:Oh, no need for a special DVD Audio player it works with your standard drives, I couldnt believe it!!!!! :bowdown:

All you need is a Creative Labs X-Fi sound card!! Then go and grab the new Beta drivers(released 6-2-08) and the Beat DVD-Audio player (released 6-2-08) and grab the new Console beta also works so much better. Remove the old versions of programs and driver and install. Now the first time you run the DVD-Audio player just dont insert the DVD-Audio disc or youll blue sreen and puter will restart and then plays fine. Best way to play it is to actually start the dvd audio player and then insert disc and enjoy audio heaven from your PC. Later today I will have quality 2 channel speakers for pc, Not high even M-audio but the following... Creative GigaWorks T40, better than Klipsch 2 channel offering since I woned those and own the original first release of the Klipsch Pro-media 4.0 with no DB Limiter so volumes above 110 db readily available.. LOL Time for your ears to bleed.

Important links:
Driver updates and dvd audio link:
http://support.creative.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?catID=209&CatName=X-Fi&subCatID=669&subCatName=Sound%20Blaster&prodID=14066&prodName=X-Fi+XtremeMusic

If you have any question about install or anything feel free to ask. Also for any creative xfi user they make a module to send digital siginal to a digital unit works on most of there cards check it out. No need tobuy their $180 card or even the $250 version with this Module and amazon even sells them also, here is creatives link.
http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=13&subcategory=55&product=1780

Thanks again for your time and patience thru my post, Best wishes Mike. :music:
PS: Should be posting my room soon. I am building my beast HT computer right now and once thats in the room Ill post. ( computer will have Blu-ray and HD Dvd Player)

Back