London Hi-Fi Show 2008 Pics & CLX recordings!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some Xindak gear. You should read the sales literature. It is absolutely unbelievable. Someone has put blind faith in Google translate, I believe. Anyway, as you can see, it is rather well made, and looks quite nice. Could be worth considering... but considering the speakers used in the room, I will refrain from comment.

Attachments

• xin1.jpg
    xin1.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 285
  • xin2.jpg
    xin2.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 286
  • xin3.jpg
    xin3.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
http://www.proaura.com/ - not sure about the pipes! Check the link and you'll see what I mean.

This doesn't look like a speaker that goes to 15Hz, and I certainly didn't hear ANY evidence of it. OK, I'll say it straight - I do not believe it! Curious item, anyway.

Attachments

• sweet.jpg
    sweet.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Just cos it's a cool pic/player, and it was hanging around in the CLX room.

Attachments

• jadiscd.jpg
    jadiscd.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
I think you really mean to say:

"From a time when we still used to talk proper over here:D" :D

Indeed:)

Anyway, a bit more CLX recording. From the evidence so far, only one person has listened to any of it, so therefore it is safe to post it:)!

http://www.filesavr.com/clxhamlet CD quality only for this one. Hamlet? Over here, this music was used to advertise cigars...

A picture sez a thousand words?:D Get yer Stax's out... sounds a bit like vinyl due to some odd clicking. OK there's lots of background noise, but with great headphones you will get the idea...

It'll disappear quickly, so grab it now if you are interested. All the other posts have gone.

Last edited:
OK - last up - the MBL 111E, and the star of the show, the CLX!

It's up to you RMAF guys to post some good stuff now. But Electron Luv pics won't be possible, because I don't believe they will be there, but hey... I hope they haven't gone bust...

Bit surprised there wasn't more interest in the recordings - I know I would have been straight in there for them! They do reveal quite a lot, really, through decent cans. Anyway, signing off from the London show. Bye!

Attachments

• mbllast.jpg
    mbllast.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 257
  • clxlast.jpg
    clxlast.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 252
Available one last time, easily the best CLX recording...

http://www.filesavr.com/zztopcd CD quality .wav file, 23.6 MB.

Available again because some of you obviously have been downloading the recording above.

Find out how loud Pete the ML rep thinks the CLX will go, and what they did to the 1.2KW Big Macs... tall story? You decide:D

Last edited:
OK - was just flicking through some of the pics, as you do, and decided there are a few more that perhaps people would like to see.

Here's the new Townshend Rock 7 turntable. At £995 that looks like a good TT for the money. Worthy contender for someone interested in a new TT in that price bracket - Townshend have a very good reputation, so it's probably pretty good. Mind you, you need the extra bits to make good - check the price list.

Attachments

• rock7.jpg
    rock7.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 186
  • rock72.jpg
    rock72.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Linn Sondek - never a favourite of mine - just plain butt ugly, with an equally gross blinged up Audio Origami tonearm.

Sorry if this offends! Well, someone might like it! It's amazing what turns some people on...:D

Attachments

• linn.jpg
    linn.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 186
BBC LS3/5A - this tiny old speaker is apparently absolutely excellent - a real classic so I am always reading. In all my years, I don't believe I have ever had the pleasure to hear a pair. One day that will change... but looking at it - it sure ain't no Apogee Diva!

It's tiny. Hard to believe it can be a performer, but apparently so... anyone actually heard a pair?

Attachments

• bbc.jpg
    bbc.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 183
Naim kit - includng the HDX hard disk player. Once again butt ugly - but Naim gear always gets well reviewed. Their systems always sound bright to me - but they can be very captivating at the same time.

That's the new Ayre TT on top of it all - which you may have seen me post on another thread - Tim's excellent RMAF report, in fact. Thought I'd throw in in for good measure.

Hold on though - check http://www.hifiplus.com/issue55.html. That has to be the same TT. Wots goin' on, dudes?

Attachments

• naim.jpg
    naim.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 182
  • naimtt.jpg
    naimtt.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Fatman tube power... OK - it's time to diet:D

Marks for original design I guess. No idea how it sounds... shame - would quite like to have heard the iTube 452 - looks interesting.

Attachments

• fatman2.jpg
    fatman2.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 178
  • fatman1.jpg
    fatman1.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 178
The Italian Job.

Sonus Faber's for those who didn't know. Always top woodwork on these.

Attachments

• sonus1.jpg
    sonus1.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 180
  • sonus2.jpg
    sonus2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 178
A bit more of Tim's kit - including another out-of-focus view of the amps featured earlier - really just to show how huge they are. Biggest power amps I have ever seen, I think. Waiting for the first review with some interest.

Tim makes great kit, really. He was also responsible for much of the electronics used to make Island label records - and many of those just sound absolutely superb. Some of the best cut vinyl I have ever come across.

Attachments

• tim1.jpg
    tim1.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 166
  • tim2.jpg
    tim2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 164
  • tim3.jpg
    tim3.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Few more CLX shots, cos, well, this is MLOC after all...

Attachments

• clxa.jpg
    clxa.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 165
  • clxb.jpg
    clxb.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 164
  • clxc.jpg
    clxc.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 159
  • clxd.jpg
    clxd.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Psychedelic, lysergic inspired Chords... must be playin' Hendrix or something:D And a reflection of me in the bottom one - far out, brother!

Attachments

• chord.jpg
    chord.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 137
Roksan Kandy kit premiered at the show. Looks quite nice and is affordable, too. No comment on the sound - none of it was plugged in when I was in there - well, anything you could listen to.

Yours truly in the reflection again...:cool: That's it. No more left in focus, and the quality was dropping a bit anyway:D

Attachments

• roksan.jpg
    roksan.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 136
  • roksan2.jpg
    roksan2.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Back