Left or Right side of the Brain?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started off by seeing her turn clockwise, then started reading the text on the left, then when I returned to her she changed direction.

Was she dancing? :D

I seen her go clockwise first . Then I cleared the page and well her moves made me come back and this time I seen her counter clockwise. I have a scrambled brain .;) I can stare at her now and get her to change too. That is my specialty staring at women and making them change!

Last edited:
Interesting test.

I consistently see her clockwise. No way to get it go the other way.

Solidly right-brained I guess ;-)

And here I though was an engineer, turns out I live in this fantasy world where I use my imagination to come with these great “Big Picture” solutions that address the spatial perception of audio reproduction. Using my understanding of how things function I come up with these great possibilities, then take risks (you know, cutting up a MartinLogan ;) ) to fulfill my belief that one can indeed have a truly awesome multichannel ML rig.
My philosophy leads me to spend much time looking at current performance and envisaging what it could be in the future, then documenting this with symbolic flows and images.
I have a deep, intuitive understanding of acoustics and audio reproduction and deeply appreciate the amazing feelings that a great system and outstanding music can engender.
I might even impulsively get up and dance to the right music :musicnote:

Gee, was able to accurately use all the descriptors for right brained in just five sentences :)

I think it's just a simple optical illusion, with no relation whatsoever to being right or left brained. I can see it both ways, and flip to the reverse at will. My wife, who is completely opposite me in brain processing, can also see it both ways. If you look away for a sec, then look back, it makes it easier to see the opposite rotation. Great conversation starter though! :D

First impression was counterclockwise then I started reading the left/right brain thing and then she wouldn't stop spinning clockwise... now shes hiding under my couch and I'm scared to go into the living room... Please God, I promise I'll never drink tequila again!!!

First impression was counterclockwise then I started reading the left/right brain thing and then she wouldn't stop spinning clockwise... now shes hiding under my couch and I'm scared to go into the living room... Please God, I promise I'll never drink tequila again!!!

Thanks, I'm currently cleaning my gulp of water off of my monitor.

this is cool. my son and i are looking at it together - he can only see clockwise and i can only see counter-clockwise; confirming what we already knew about each other.

I saw just clockwise for a long time, now she is bouncing back and forth. If you want to cheat and see her turn the other direction, tilt your head to one shoulder or the other. Crazy, good post!

Latest posts

Back