KT Tunstall on YouTube...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamer

Classified Forum Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the digitally-remanufactured electro-performance that is so prevelent amoung today's pop "musicians", but I have to give total props to Ms. Tunstall for this astounding use of digital delay (Akai Headrush II) in this one-woman-band performance. Simply brilliant...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIO2qpSsUTA&mode=related&search=

And a really interesting Tunstall interview from BBC, including a jumpy, smouldering cover of "Ain't Misbehaving":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdC8X3Q3klY&mode=related&search=

--Richard

I saw that solo performance only it was on the Today Show. She did a great job a single musician. I bought her CD right after that.

Though I like her music about half of it on the CD sounded a little harsh to me on my system. I would still recommend the CD for anyone who likes what they have heard.

I saw that solo performance only it was on the Today Show. She did a great job a single musician. I bought her CD right after that.

Though I like her music about half of it on the CD sounded a little harsh to me on my system. I would still recommend the CD for anyone who likes what they have heard.

Brad,
Same here. Bought the cd quite a while ago, but was disapointed in the recording. I thought her type music would be perfect for MLs. I enjoy the music but wish the recording was higher quality.

I would agree on the recoring quality of KT Tunstall's CD. I thought, after hearing "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" on the radio, that her music would make GREAT demo tracks for the MLs, but when I got the CD in my system, I found that the only tracks that sounded really good were "Black Horse", and "Suddenly I See", which are the only two, I believe, that have been "released". Perhaps the label, "Relentless" never intended to release the rest of the disc from the beginning. Hopefuly her next CD will be recorded to a higher standard throughout, in light of her success.

Tunstall is a REAL gem in the current "pop" music menu. She's not manufactured by a bunch of balding middle-aged record execs, she's not the product of a "reality" TV show, and she actually writes, sings, and performs most of her own material. I really enjoy her laid-back, effortless vocals, and her intensity comes through only when its needed. She's not artificially "emo", or pretentiously mopey, and she doesn't act, dress, and speak like some slutty hoodrat wannabe.

It's refreshing to see female rock musicians who are genuine, talented, creative, and articulate. She is a VERY welcome change from the offensively insipid drivel that many female "pop stars" churn out under the directorship of their producers.

And the fact that she's Scottish and cute as heck don't hurt either... ;)

--Richard

Back