Its all about the U

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rvega003

Reaction score
In case anyone didn't know, Its all about the U, and any and all Seminole fans can p*** off, oh and as for Gator nation, we still have 2 more titles than you.

C..A..N..E..S canes, canes, canes!

Congratulations on the victory last night. Now just don't go and lose to Ohio St. again in the N.C.:D.

Glen

Last edited:
That was a lot better than the Gators game. Who was that High School team they played? Ha, ha... I've been a Gators fan from when I watched Steve Spurior (sp?) Q.B. Fl/Fl State SEC champ game in '66. My first collage football game. Been a fan ever since.

Satch

fountain, if your referring to the 02 title game I guess I must give credit to the buckeyes best player that night, the referee they had on the payroll. If not for his phantom call the U would have it's proper 6th title. I guess 5 championships is still ok, right? Thank you Satch you are indeed a rare credit to Gator nation.

And Oklahoma has 7 titles, ND has 8 (since '43, I am only counting the ones where the AP had to vote) - so what's your point? Oh, I forgot that Alabama also around 8 titles over the same span.

Miami is still insignificant, just like FSU for that matter. Sad, really, since the National Championship always ran through the state of Florida.

Gator Nation need not be bothered by the senseless 'Cane's rantings. They'll drop another 3-4 games (as usual) and you'll be watching UF play for their third National Title (in four years) in January.

One thing that I am happy to see in Miami, is that they at least have taken strides to shed the 'thug' image that was so prevalent during their heyday. Aside from that huge brawl with FIU from a few years back, the players seem to be on pretty good behavior.

Last edited:
ND hasn't been relevant since Miami became a power house (11 straight bowl losses until they won the Micky Mouse bowl last year). Bob Stoops has 1 title and nothing but disappointment since, and Bama, the official destination campus for inbred hicks (I'm more an Auburn guy) has only won 4 title since 1980 (1 less than Miami in that span), but i guess wherever you went to school math wasn't on the lesson plan (numbers go in this order 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9...). Stop hating so much and go B*** Nick Saban if you have such affection for him, given his overinflated ego he'd probably enjoy it. Remember, no school in the NCAA has more players in the pros than the U, and eknuds01 seeing as your in Maryland it wouldn't be a stretch to guess your a Pats fan. Look at your team, old Bill Belichick seems to love drafting from Miami.

Wow. That was an interesting post. Like a typical Miami supporter you come across as a rather immature 'fan' who simply can't take a joke.

Math was in my lesson plan where I went to school and I assure you I have more knowledge of numbers than you do now, or ever will, for that matter. The 'span' I was talking about, for Alabama, was from around 1940 to present day. I made no mention of 1980.

"...and Bama, the official destination campus for inbred hicks (I'm more an Auburn guy)" --> very classy I must say.

Well I may have spoken too soon about you exhibiting any sort of tact:

"Stop hating so much and go B*** Nick Saban if you have such affection for him, given his overinflated ego he'd probably enjoy it."

Bob Stoops has been disappointing? Stoops is 102-21 since 1999 and I think they've appeared in the title game 4 times in 9 years. This is what you call disappointment?

Hahaha, we are on the same page with respect to ND at least. But with their cupcake schedule, they might play in a big bowl game this year (and then get blown out).

I didn't realize we were into making blanket generalizations. You were touting how great Miami is (more like was) and I pointed out that a number of teams, such as ND, Oklahoma, and Alabama, have also been successful. Yes, Miami was super dominant in the 80s and 90s for the most part. However, that team is a shadow of their former selves. But that's the way college football is; no one is awesome forever.

Regarding the "u" having the most players on NFL rosters - that depends on the context. When looking at the all time numbers - it's not even close. Notre Dame and USC lead the way with 462 and 461 drafted players (amazing!). On current NFL rosters, Miami does boast the most players with 48, but USC and Texas are right behind with 42 and 41 players, respectively. Not entirely sure what you are getting at with Miami supplying the NFL with players. It doesn't surprise me since the states of FL, CA, and TX have always pumped out the most NFL talent.

A recent example: Since 2004, USC has churned out more players than Miami (47 vs 32). Of course, one can look at another random period and find a time when any given school had a bunch of players that were drafted.

I never claimed to support Saban or Alabama. I grew up in Florida and went to grad school there. I have no idea where you got off thinking I like Alabama. I never liked Saban all that much. He built a great program at LSU, sort of left them high and dry and did a terrible job with the Dolphins. I think he'll look back and wish he stayed at LSU.

No, I am not a Patriots (actually probably hate them the most) fan. I've probably spent more time (25+ years) in Florida than you, but I could be wrong - immaturity and name calling have no age restriction. A favorite past time of mine was going to 'Phins games (we had season tickets for years) and when I went to UF for grad school, my dad got me Bucs tickets, but I always like watching the Dolphins games a bit more because the rivalries seemed to be more intense.

As I said before, I'll enjoy watching Miami flounder around this season. I'll be watching my team take on Texas in the NC.

Last edited:
ND hasn't been relevant since Miami became a power house (11 straight bowl losses until they won the Micky Mouse bowl last year). Bob Stoops has 1 title and nothing but disappointment since, and Bama, the official destination campus for inbred hicks (I'm more an Auburn guy) has only won 4 title since 1980 (1 less than Miami in that span), but i guess wherever you went to school math wasn't on the lesson plan (numbers go in this order 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9...). Stop hating so much and go B*** Nick Saban if you have such affection for him, given his overinflated ego he'd probably enjoy it. Remember, no school in the NCAA has more players in the pros than the U, and eknuds01 seeing as your in Maryland it wouldn't be a stretch to guess your a Pats fan. Look at your team, old Bill Belichick seems to love drafting from Miami.

Whoa, Dude! Let's take a beat here...ease up a little. This hatefulness isn't the way we do things here...

Calm down. Grow up. Get a Life.

Sheeze!

.....eknuds01 seeing as your in Maryland it wouldn't be a stretch to guess your a Pats fan. Look at your team, old Bill Belichick seems to love drafting from Miami.
Ok...so explain the Einstein theory that Maryland = New England Patriots Fan?

The Ravens and Redskins are the local pro teams for Maryland.

400 miles or so up the road from Maryland are the Pats and you run into the Eagles, Jets, Giants before getting anywhere close to the Pats.

400 miles or so up the road from Maryland are the Pats and you run into the Eagles, Jets, Giants before getting anywhere close to the Pats.

Dan, I'd explain it you, but I fear I am not qualified even with three degrees in engineering, one of which was sponsored by a NASA fellowship. I was informed that "math wasn't on my lesson plan" for the 9 years I was in college. Mr. Vega (in his infinite wisdom) will have to fill you in :p

Evidently, Geography (among other subjects) wasn't included in Rvega003's lesson plans...;)

The enraged football fanatic got the better of me and for god knows what reason in a moment of dyslexia I read Maryland as Massachusetts. For that moronic mistake I will admit wrongdoing although Ravens fans owe an even greater debt to the U than Pats fans do (Ray Lewis, Ed Reed). I'm just going to drop the subject if everyone else will, I don't have the time to respond to this BS daily, and if anyone still has a chip on there shoulder feel free to contact me the next time there in the MIA and well settle this the traditional way irrational, overblown football debates are usually settled.

Latest posts

Back