I'm Gettin' Itchy for a 11A!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also believe that the speaker pairs themselves are selected and matched. But other speaker pairs sound different depending on mounting time.
I made this experience several times. Especially with Martin Logan Montis, Summit and Expression.

Ok, so, um, here's what happened.

I was all set to get the 11A's, 100%, no doubt, then I heard the 13A's! After the first drum beat I was hooked. The difference in the bass, which I already knew was better, was remarkably great! And as many of you have suggested the sweet spot is bigger, but not just bigger, the "edge" of the sweet spot rolls off gently which creates a sense of an even bigger spot. The sweet spot sealed the deal.

I simply couldn't pass up getting 13A's. They come on Monday.

Great move!! You will never regret this. I’ve never heard this concept of buying the demos because there might be a variance between a pair. Only way I buy demo is for a discount - otherwise I like new in box. So .... how are they?

timm, they're great!! And not a bit of regret, in fact quite the opposite, they're fabulous! As much as I love my Vistas, these are better in every way which I was expecting, but when the fantasy met reality - reality was actually better. And I'm one of those who is pleased that subs aren't needed anymore for 2 channel music, fewer variables. Frankly, the bass on the 13A's is better than the subs I have. Now the subs are just for the multi channel satellites and LFE.

As a clarification I didn't buy the demos, there just happened to be some gloss black in the system that showed up in only four days so I was lucky.

With the MLs - I find the better the bass is - the better the mids get. The better the high end gets. It’s crazy. When you get that solid foundation everything just seems to get better. I’m a firm believer in ‘go big or go home’. Congrats again. This will end up saving you thousands in the long run.

Back