How Good is Your Sub ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This HT Demo will let you know, thanks to Kweezer and swithey at

AVSforum for another great disc. I will be mailing these to those ML forum

members in the US that PM me their address after New Year.

*** WARNING**** There is Gross Violence,Gore and Innappropriate material

3 hidden tracks

Munster,

Got the DVD! AWESOME DUDE! Thanks mucho for that great work out for th speakers. What where the two tracks under "warning" I had not seen either of those movies...in fact several of them I had not seen.

I was surprised you did not include any of the Star Wars (they may be on a different DEMO disc) or a new one House of Flying Daggers the "Echo Game" chapter... that is one AWESOME demo that I like to play for folks.

It was GREAT...do I owe you any $$ for that? It sure it cool to have that on hand for folks not familiar with my system. I can only imagine how awesome it will be on 70" when I finally get my Sony in a month or two!

Thanks again!

Alright!!

Hey Munster,

Got your Dvd. Many Thanks!

Will try it tonight.

My 2 Descents have been taking it easy lately.:rolleyes:

Munster, just got it!! Thanks a million!! Very cool little vignettes from recent movies!!

Thanks again.

Online Subs (Hsu, SVS, Outlaw, other)

Disc #2 definitely rocks the house in terms of low LFE. AVS guys delivered on this one! All of their discs are great-- even the animation one (Disc #17) is a good display of state-of-the-art technology and audio. Using a simple FTP program off of their site and DVD Decrypter, you can create some great DVD's for demo purposes.

As for subs, you gotta' love the mid priced ($600-$900) Internet subs these days. A tremendous amount of bang for the buck! SVS, HSU, Outlaw, etc.....ALL produce some great sounding subs. They deliver both musically as well as earth shaking HT stuff.

Based on the choices and performances of just a few years back, you almost can't go wrong with any of these today, IMO.

Last edited:
I got the disk a few days ago and have had the chance to play with it a bit. Great workout for my Odysseys! Thanks a ton for the great material!

Don’t forget that Infinite Baffle Subs can be constructed for very little money (typically $700 to $2000) and will outperform most commercial Subs.

The challenge with IB is you need the rear wave space. But as posts of system on the Cult of the Infinetly baffled prove, one can get quite creative with solving that.

Any sub, commercial online cheapy or IB should always have a good EQ in front of it. Either the Behringer BFD or the much more effective and easy to use new Audyessey MultEQ XT based SVS AS-EQ1 or the Velodyne SMS-1.

As these test tracks show, a good sub is a modern day requirement for a home theater.

Space cleared :)

Almost all discs sent. If you know how to Download from ftp all discs are available if you follow this thread and register with AVS forum:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=575236&page=56&pp=30

Well, I'm pretty sure I pm'd, but haven't heard anything back. Owell, its no big deal. I'd be ok to FTP, I know how to do that, and have a DVD burner. That and it saves $$$ on postage. :D

I looked through the thread on AVS forum that was referenced here, but realized it was HUGE! I was unable to find a link or anything to an ftp site. Perhaps am I supposed to PM the ones doing the discs, and they would then give me the FTP site? Is this how it is supposed to work?

-capT

EDIT: oops, I just noticed post 1656 "There's also an FTP site kindly provided by swithey, and you can PM him for login info." I guess speedreading doesn't always pick up the right info. :-(

Last edited:
Wow!

I was able to FTP several of the test discs down, and try them out. There were sure some fun things. My favorites by far were on disc 15, the one with the House of Flying Daggers drum dance, and the Polar Express where the train comes in. It actually felt like a train was barreling through the living room, and that's without a Sub! I'm continually amazed at how well my Mosaics can perform given good source material to use. These will definitely be taken with me when I go to audition the Grotto next month!

-capT

Wow!

I was able to FTP several of the test discs down, and try them out. There were sure some fun things. My favorites by far were on disc 15, the one with the House of Flying Daggers drum dance, and the Polar Express where the train comes in. It actually felt like a train was barreling through the living room, and that's without a Sub! I'm continually amazed at how well my Mosaics can perform given good source material to use. These will definitely be taken with me when I go to audition the Grotto next month!

-capT

I may need to download and work out disc 15...I LOVE that Flying Daggers scene! Just AWESOME...have not done Polar Express on my system.

Back