Headphone setup for Travel

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiTT

Super User
Reaction score
I'd mentioned in the Sunday Morning Music thread that I'm spending a lot of time on the road these days. To that end I recently put together a reasonably high end portable headphone rig using a 7th Gen iPod Classic (160G), an ALO Audio Continental V2 headphone amp with an ALO Cricket LOD/Line in cable and either a set of Heir Audio 4A.i IEM headphones or my modified B&W P5 over ears (with Stephan Audio cable) depending on where I'm sitting on the plane or my whim.

I have to say that I couldn't be happier with this system, to the point that it has actually replaced my old Musical Fidelity X-Can system in my bedroom. The Continental uses a NOS 6911 tube in the output stage and can run for about 8 hours on a single charge. If you haven't heard what a good portable amp can sound like it can be shockingly good with the right headphones.

It makes life on the road a LOT more bearable.

Attachments

• DSC04759.jpg
    DSC04759.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 952
I've thought about some Stax's for home Adam, but I'm torn between them and the Audize LCD-3 which sound absolutely amazing for half the price. I've really been enjoying listening to headphones of late and heve even considered getting one of the big Woo Audio, Eddie Current or Ray Samuels headphone amps. None of those would work well for travel though!

Thanks for info on portable tube amp,had been reading a lot about it on one
Everything but what it sounds like,and you answered that question,thanks again

Latest posts

Back