Go from ReQuest to what?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how so many people afford such high prices. We are pulling back on everything and concentrating on saving up cash now, be ready for when the recession gets bad.
BINGO!!!! Same here I’ve pulled all my used equipment I had listed for sale off the market for now, for what it would cost to replace any of it if I wanted to would be cost prohibitive for sure.

Just as we are writing I have switched places of the panels. Problem follows the panel, I'm quite sad. I was having a small hope that it would be an electric issue.

I have found a pair of Summits, they are "cheaper" than a new set of panels for my ReQuests.

Will I be glad or will I miss my large stators? I really like the "slam and power" from my ReQuest. And if I run the bass with DSP controlled amplifier I think the bass will be great.

What should I dooo haha, I have never heard Summits and it is quite a long drive. I have heard 11a and I was not impressed. Will Summit sound like 11a?

I have found a pair of Summits, they are "cheaper" than a new set of panels for my ReQuests.

Will I be glad or will I miss my large stators? I really like the "slam and power" from my ReQuest. And if I run the bass with DSP controlled amplifier I think the bass will be great.

What should I dooo haha, I have never heard Summits and it is quite a long drive. I have heard 11a and I was not impressed. Will Summit sound like 11a?

That's a nice looking speaker, I imagine they're fantastic. One thing to keep in mind with used gear is if you buy it and don't like it you can usually flip it for what you paid or sometimes more depending on the deal.

That's a nice looking speaker, I imagine they're fantastic. One thing to keep in mind with used gear is if you buy it and don't like it you can usually flip it for what you paid or sometimes more depending on the deal.
Id just be worried that the Summits might need new panels soon too. Perhaps try to buy some Martin Logans that are newer?

I don't know what newer model to look for. I want the huge sound from ReQuest that are capable of high output levels.

I don't even know if Summits a capable of that?

Your Requests are known to you, and you love their performance. Anything else might be as good, might be better in some ways, might be worse. You have a plan - a good one - to improve them with subwoofers and DSP bass correction.

I suggest sticking with that plan.

I am breaking in my new 15As. I’m floored by their effortless dynamics, but I am coming to them from *much* smaller Aerius speakers i bought in 1995. Still, I appreciate and think I understand your appreciation of dynamics. The 15A dynamics are shocking to me… and the dog, and the cat.

So I support the one-time expense to re-panel and continue enjoying your speakers for another 15+ years.

Even at $5,000 that’s only $28 a month, and with any luck you can coordinate getting the panels through your shipper here in the U.S.

Last edited:
I don't know what newer model to look for. I want the huge sound from ReQuest that are capable of high output levels.

I don't even know if Summits a capable of that?
Maybe one of the experienced guys here can comment on which current model would be closest in performance. Im really only familiar with my Prodigy speakers, and they are 22 years old now. Repaneling for me was only $2800 or so though, being in the US.

Your Requests are known to you, and you live their performance. Anything else might be as good, might be better in some ways, might be worse. You have a plan - a good one - to improve them with subwoofers and DSP bass correction.

I suggest sticking with that plan.

I am breaking in my new 15As. I’m floored by their effortless dynamics, but I am coming to them from *much* smaller Aerius speakers i bought in 1995. Still, I appreciate and think I understand your appreciation of dynamics. They’re shocking to me… and the dog, and the cat.

So I support the one-time expense to re-panel and continue enjoying your speakers for another 15+ years.

Even at $5,000 that’s only $28 a month, and with any luck you can coordinate getting the panels through your shipper here in the U.S.
Maybe you are on to something, stick with the plan haha.

Latest posts

Back