For the motorcycle riders in the club.....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SteveInNC said:
Unfortunately, Congress, being clueless as always and not really giving a shit about bikes, would likely make airbags mandatory for all bikes, citing improved insurance rates, "for the children", "to stop the evil terrorists", or whatever excuse was handy at the time.

Let's not get political. ;)

Similar statements about a Smart car crash are worth quoting.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?threadid=304435
A crash test at 70 mph into a concrete wall really is a moot point. Yes, the cage survived, but you would easily rip your aorta at those speeds with a 70 mph to 0 deceleration. You would not survive. But you might look nicer in your casket.

Video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju6t-yyoU8s&mode=related&search=

kach22i said:
Let's not get political. ;)
I wasn't abusing a particular party, just the institution :) If it was my option, I'd flush all of the incumbents. I think that the Sword of Damocles was a great concept. Many Congress-critters are a bit too comfortable in their offices for my tastes.

wink said:
So.....Are we pro-motorcycle or anti-motorcycle?

Pro-safety or just pro anti-stupidity? ;)
I guess I love motocycles, but I'm so self aware of the safety concerns that it prevents me from enjoying them. Let's just say I'm pro-awareness, pro-safety.

Here is the 4-week update on that guys knee, guess he is healing up pretty quickly.

Link:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=304704

"Ya Love 'EM and Got to Respect 'EM"

I've owned a motorcycle non-stop now for over 40 years. In Colorado, you could ride with a license at 14-- those days are a thing of the past. Thank God I've never have had a major crash. I am ALWAYS a paranoid, defensive rider.

Owned Honda, Harley, Kaw, Norton, Yammi-- and but nothing touches my latest ride:

goldwingtitanium2va7.jpg

Honda GL1800 Goldwing

All the older Goldwings seemed a bit bloated and lumbering, until I rode a newer 1800 version. This is one fast, smooth, agile scooter. For all the crotch rocket fans, here's what under the hood:

This latest Goldwing was designed by the race division of Honda, and they certainly brought over a whole new level of technology, handling, speed, and pure fun.

Finally, for those who cringe at crashes, here's a classic of all classic tribute to the guys who really ride on steroids: Ride On!

Last edited:
LaserMark4 said:
Finally, for those who cringe at crashes, here's a classic of all classic tribute to the guys who really ride on steroids:
Yep, that is a classic! A friend of mine hit a porto-pottie in a race one day - he went off-track and hit a bump, flew over the windscreen, did a half forward flip and hit the porto-pottie upside down. Didn't get hurt though...

dyazdani said:
Yep, that is a classic! A friend of mine hit a porto-pottie in a race one day - he went off-track and hit a bump, flew over the windscreen, did a half forward flip and hit the porto-pottie upside down. Didn't get hurt though...

Having gone to see a few top superbike races in person recently, my theory is that SuperBike road racers have been added to the Divine list of Grace.....along side of teenagers and drunks. Simply amazing that any of them are still living and walking with all appendages attached.

Closing in on 200 hp at the rear wheel and weighing less that 400 lbs. off the show room floor :eek: .....Unbelievable! And to think a 16 year old kid can drive one of these off the lot and into the stratosphere-- simply scary. I know for sure I would be dead if I was starting out all over again with one of these-- and I thought my first Honda 305 SuperHawk was BAD! :confused:

Latest posts

Back