Finally! Issue 20 is ready...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonepub

Reaction score
Hey troops:

Issue 20 is done, but our site is not updated yet. We are in the middle of a major website overhaul, so here's the direct address to the server so those of you that would like the issue right now can have it. We've upgraded our server as well, so you should noticed a little snappier download too.

http://tonepublications.com/MAGPDF/TA_020.pdf

I'll make an announcement and those of you on our mailing list will get an email when the new site is done (should be sometime over the weekend).

We've greatly expanded the Table of Contents function, so you won't have to download it anymore to see what's in each issue. This is going to take a couple of days to upload all of the issues, so pardon our dust.

Also, the blog will move to the main site now and we will be back in the groove of letting you know what we are up to on a regular.

We have hired a few more writers and photographers, so stay tuned. In addition to the new site, we will be adding a lot more extra content between issues and we will definitely have a Kindle friendly version of TONE by issue 21. We probably won't have confirmation from Amazon for a while, but at least the issue will be reformatted and optimized to work in the black and white world of Kindle better than just taking our color magazine and letting it come up in greyscale.

Lots going on here, we appreciate your patience for this issue and as always thank you for your support.

Hey Jeff

Thanks for the heads up and the advance copy!

When I try to download I get a message that the file is damaged and cannot be repaired. This occurs repeatedly at about 26-27 MB into the download.

Last edited:
Yeah, same here--when I try and launch it in Acrobat, I get a "file damaged" error. The download was REALLY snappy though! Over 13meg in less than 5 seconds. Woof...

Appears to be fine now....

New web site, new web problems!

Our apologies for the delay. Time to go to the dentist! The fun never stops at TONEAudio. Our web guys are telling us the new site should go fully live with the new issue at the front right by mid day.

The cost of progress...

Thanks again,

Good read Jeff, I love the pic of the old Akai 8 track player !

very nice layout... got sidetracked w/ the watch section :eek:... sigh... MUST resist spending more money :D

"My only concern about Glasvegas is their durability. We’ve seen many flavors of the month emerge from the UK in the last decade (The Strokes, Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys) only to succumb to sophomore curses. If these four Scots want to be more than a blip on the radar, they’re going to have to lighten up a bit. – Marc Phillips"

Oooooooooooooooppppppppppppppppssssssssssss!:)

Thanks for the great new issue! Now that your new site is live, it jogs my memory. Do you have an ETA for your ML Spire review? I think you mentioned in the past that it would appear in the "Gear" section of the site, but there's still no sign of it. Sorry to be a nag... :eek:

Hey Jeff.. just picked up my DacMagic today and ran a few tests. Now sitting back, I downloaded the latest issue if TA did my usual cursory scan, and saw that you reviewed it.

Initial impressions.. have to agree that it will give you a current $1K CD player quality. Although I sold my Rega Apollo about 4 months ago, running my Marantz through it and AirTunes with Apple lossless brought back memories of the Rega: enhanced dynamics, much better bass, sharper focus in the imaging and a smoother response (some of the forwardness/harshness has also disappeared). So, far, very pleased but am still testing. So far, so good.

I ran a brief test with iTunes on two computers, one via Airport and the other via USB (same music and switching inputs). I swore that the direct USB blew me away but I was getting tired and will rerun the tests this weekend. Did notice anything similar?

Looks like a fabulous issue.. looking forward into diving into it.
Thanks for all your contributions and an amazing publication!

Thanks for the great new issue! Now that your new site is live, it jogs my memory. Do you have an ETA for your ML Spire review? I think you mentioned in the past that it would appear in the "Gear" section of the site, but there's still no sign of it. Sorry to be a nag... :eek:

Well, as you might have noticed, we just got our new website the other day...
It was supposed to be done before CES! Ugh. A few kinks to get worked out this week and then we will start uploading more web content. The Spire review will be among the new reviews..

hang in there!

"My only concern about Glasvegas is their durability. We’ve seen many flavors of the month emerge from the UK in the last decade (The Strokes, Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys) only to succumb to sophomore curses. If these four Scots want to be more than a blip on the radar, they’re going to have to lighten up a bit. – Marc Phillips"

Oooooooooooooooppppppppppppppppssssssssssss!:)

What's the oops for?

While we all know that the Strokes are from NYC, the band really hit it big in the UK first (much like Jimi Hendrix and other more well known artists), which resulted in their getting more push in the US.

So, while our music editor felt it was a little bit of a reach for Marc to say this, he didn't feel it was too far out of line as many people here still perceive the band as much of a UK band as the others mentioned.

Certainly a grey area, but not the end of the world.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:)

We perceive them as 100% bona fide Americano, which is why I pointed it out I guess... I see your call, but that isn't what it says.

Let's not worry about it. No big issue. And a great export - love their first album, and the later ones are good too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back