Final bit of glass

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cherian

Reaction score
I have everything but the speakers for my dedicated (2) channel system now. I have a Shanling CD-T100 on its way to my home. After looking high and low for a CD player I can live with I decided on the Shanling CD-T100. I hope Friday gets here soon.

Shanling CD-T100 > CJ PV-14L > CJ MV-65 > ML ?

New ML Speakers next!!!!

Attachments

• ShanlingCD-T100A.jpg
    ShanlingCD-T100A.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Looks good Cherian, you know what........??...... you can turn down the thermostat in the house now, you have enough tube gear to supplement the furnace !!!

So X-mas came early for you this year !

One of the reason for getting the Shanling is I have an option of tube or SS out. This unit also up-samples to 24bit 96k if needed and I can turn off the up-sampling feature if I find it too bright.

For Christmas I want a set of ML Prodigy speakers. Oh how I have been a good boy.

I find the Shanling to be a great bang for the buck. I have had mine for years and have never thought of replacing it in my 2-channel system. It just has the right synergy with the rest of the system.

McIntoshc36.jpg

Is the MCintosh pre you have new? I dont recall seeing it in your system before.

Daang Cherian... slow down there, cowboy!

Just another reason for me to stop on by for a listen.... you've gone tube-crazy.

Congrat's!! While I've never heard any Shanling gear it always looks great.

Cherian Congrats on the new aquisition.
My vote for the Chicago Spring Meet 2008

:yell: Cherians New Mancave

That's a beautiful piece of equipment. If it sounds half as good as it looks, you will be in heaven. Can't wait to hear your impressions.

Wow I was going to make the same comment that if it sounds as good as it looks, I have to have one. However that was before I saw a glipse of the turn table that is next to it which looks even cooler.

So beautiful!!!

Attachments

• DSC01753.JPG
    DSC01753.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC01750.JPG
    DSC01750.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 97
Congratulations, I know you are enjoying it. Try both the solid state and tube outputs to see which has a better synergy with your system. Same with the upscaling or not. Have fun!

The blue LEDs are cool.

lowlight3.jpg

Last edited:
One of the reason for getting the Shanling is I have an option of tube or SS out. This unit also up-samples to 24bit 96k if needed and I can turn off the up-sampling feature if I find it too bright.

For Christmas I want a set of ML Prodigy speakers. Oh how I have been a good boy.

Try to find yourself a pair of WE396s for the CD output. Much more substantial mids, a little less bright. One of the biggest advantages I find with my CDT100A is it's ability to control volume and therefore run without a preamp.

Try to find yourself a pair of WE396s for the CD output. Much more substantial mids, a little less bright. One of the biggest advantages I find with my CDT100A is it's ability to control volume and therefore run without a preamp.

Let me know if you want some (PM). I think I have an extra pair laying around here somewhere.

Back