Emotiva?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flimchance

Reaction score
Along with my new ElectroMotions which are due to arrive tonight I ordered an Emotiva XPA-3. Does anyone have experience with that combination of amp/speakers? Thanks.

Hi flim,

What parameters did you use in your purchasing decision?

GG

Well, when I heard them three years ago the ElectroMotions became my dream speakers. Since I was happy with my Emotiva UPA-200 I decided to stay with that brand to upgrade to something with more, cleaner power, so I went with the XPA-3. The price point of that amp is a good fit for me.

They (Emotiva) look like they have some great value in their products. I've not seen any objective testing or review of their products. Being strictly mail order, I haven't been able to listen to them either, but I've always been curious.

Last edited:
The XPA-2 has been on my radar for the longest time. I've basically decided on the Parasound A23, but if I had the opportunity to listen to an XPA-2 I'd definitely be interested.

That's the trouble; even though there is a great return policy, it's still a pain in the pooper to try one out and return it if you don't like it. I guess that's why you pay a little more to buy from a retailer with a showroom.

That's the trouble; even though there is a great return policy, it's still a pain in the pooper to try one out and return it if you don't like it. I guess that's why you pay a little more to buy from a retailer with a showroom.

But then to be fair...there aren't any places around me (that I know of) where I can demo a Parasound amp either...

The idea of the XPA-100 monoblocks is pretty appealing also.

But then to be fair...there aren't any places around me (that I know of) where I can demo a Parasound amp either...

^This. I miss the olden days when you could go to the nearest audio store and spend hours auditioning new equipment. Alas, save for a few Magnolia Home Theater departments inside a few of the Best Buys, there isn't many more options than reading the reviews and taking your chances. I believe that's here to stay.

Back