Efx horizontal ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmschnur

Reaction score
Can I put two efx speakers on a wall in the horizontal position pointing down towards my couch. How far can I point them down? I have windows on my rear wall but i might be able to fit them above window?

Last edited:
I called Martin Logan on this and was told this was doable.

I will think about it. The EFX should be generally available in early November I was told.

Any thoughts from the forum on this geometry for rear speakers?

I recently mounted the EFX speakers on a horizontal axis. It is "doable" but not simple. First off the brackets are not well suited to horizontal mounting. The angled mounting slots and the weight of the speakers combine to pull the brackets off horizontal. I wound up drilling two parallel holes on the bottom (hinge side) of the brackets to prevent horizontal drift. Secondly the compression nuts are not strong enough to hold the speakers at an downward angle. The speaker weight is just too great. I had to add two chains from the speaker to the wall to keep them at the angle I wanted, about 15 degrees.

I was recently informed that the Chief Design Engineer and Head of Product Design at M-L have stated that the EFX was not acoustically or mechanically designed for horizontal mounting.

Back