CLX Minimun Room Size Requirements

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOON

Reaction score
Hi All,
Sorry if this has been discussed.Can you tell me the minimum room size requirement for the CLX.The reason I ask is that in Chapters today I showed my wife a picture of the CLX in the Martin Logan CLX tour advertisment.She realy liked the look of themwho would have thought?

My room is only 12x20, fuly treated acoustically.I thought I had read on here members having similar room size with the CLX.They would be close to the side walls, 5 feet off the wall behind.

Thanks, Greg

I had Clx in a 10x19 room. With room treatment and much tweaking you can find good sounds. I did however spend allot of time moving\tweaking the speakers to find that sweet spot

I looked at your pictures of your system, which is very nice.Were they summits or summit x's you had before?What woud be your impressions of the CLX over your previous speakers? It looks like you have only about 1/2 foot from the edge of the speaker to the wall, is that correct?

Hola Chicos... well my room is very small too, that you might think that you have the CLXs as earphones :ROFL:...and the sound that I get it is outstanding! Happy listening!

Having heard CLX's in one of the best rooms (acoustically speaking) in this part of the country (Terry Menacker's 'room' @ Overture, Wilmington, De, approx 17' x 26'), I can say without reservation that no matter what you do or think you can do to a small room CLX's sound their BEST when given room to breath. No small room will ever do them justice !

Having heard CLX's in one of the best rooms (acoustically speaking) in this part of the country (Terry Menacker's 'room' @ Overture, Wilmington, De, approx 17' x 26'), I can say without reservation that no matter what you do or think you can do to a small room CLX's sound their BEST when given room to breath. No small room will ever do them justice !

Yes your right, I have heard them in larger rooms a number of times and they sound wonderful, it's very much like 'roberto's' comment, it's like having a life size version of a pair of stax headphones in your lounge.

Latest posts

Back