CLS II electrostatic panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmlike

Reaction score
I loaned my CLS II speakers to who I thought was a friend. He took one of the speakers apart for some reason, and damaged one of the panels. Is there anyone around that can rebuild the electrostatic panels?
Thanks

There are 2 metal grids that are held together by what looks like double sticky tape around the outside of the grids.The clear diaphragm is sandwiched in between. That is the vibrating part of the electrostatic panel. The panel has been out of the frame long enough that the grids have pulled apart from each other. I was wondering if anyone possibly can rebuild these panels.
Thanks

I have spoken to Jim,and new panels are 1200.00. I'm looking for a more cost effective solution. Does anyone rebuild these panels?

No one rebuilds them.

Unfortunately you will have to bite the bullet on this one.Tell your friend he owes you $1200 for new panels.Tell your friend he is an idiot.you can try to glue them back together with something like 3M adhesive.Good luck.

You may want to read the thread below. This fellow from South Africa took is panels apart for a DIY rebuild. Unfortunately his photos no longer show up (and he hasn't posted in a long time), which pretty much told his story. I believe he was successful.....at least to his ears.

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6042

You might be able to email him for photos and details.

Can you post a picture so we can see how much they have pulled apart. There is always a small chance you can secure them back together.

I sent you another option in your private messages.

Have panel prices gone up? I thouhgt new CLS panels are $900.00??

I have spoken to Jim,and new panels are 1200.00. I'm looking for a more cost effective solution. Does anyone rebuild these panels?
Ouch!
I paid $890 plus shipping just 4 months ago and another $200 for the sensing power supplies

I'll say it again.

As I just posted on another thread Jim Power just quoted me a price of $1500 factory direct!:(
gregadd

Last edited by a moderator:
Prices have gone up 30% according to Jim! Kind of a strange time to raise prices don't you think?

I loaned my CLS II speakers to who I thought was a friend. He took one of the speakers apart for some reason, and damaged one of the panels. Is there anyone around that can rebuild the electrostatic panels?
Thanks

Wow. Very unfortunate. Some friend.

My suggestion. Buy new panels and send him the bill.

GG

Back