Can't Keep My Grill Up

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DPD

Reaction score
I've got a slightly annoying problem:

On my right speaker, the lower grill of the two that cover the Sequels, the one over the woofer, keeps sliding down and resting on the floor.

Has anyone else had this happen? Any hints for fixing it?

I've turned the speaker on its side and whacked the grill back with a rubber mallet, but it eventually slides back down again within a day.

On my right speaker, the lower grill of the two that cover the Sequels, the one over the woofer, keeps sliding down and resting on the floor.

I've turned the speaker on its side and whacked the grill back with a rubber mallet, but it eventually slides back down again within a day.

This is pretty common with the older ML hybrids, I had the same issue with my SL3s - my panels slid down and took the woofer grille with them. What I did was remove the ESL panel, pull off the old foam tape and replace it with new double-sided foam tape that I bought at a local hardware store. I then reinstalled the panel and glued the woofer grilles (with some epoxy) back in place. The panels never moved again. There's also a small metal bracket that you can get from ML that screws to the bottom of the speaker and supports the panel/grille.

BTW, nice Sinn U1 in your avatar. I've got an 857 UTC.

Quick ok fix

My pair of Sequels I had also did this. I put a small hardly noticable piece of wood right wedged under the grill touching the floor. This is obviously easy to do, and you don't need to take anything apart. Also it may be good to know that I noticed no difference in sound at all. Give it a try at least in the short term.
As a side note I did trade my Sequels in for a pair of Ascents.

panel/slip

i had the same problem with my sl3's except the whole panel slip down but not on the floor. i noticed the other day my scripts also slipped down about 1/2". i contacted Jim Powers and he sent me tabs to mount underneath for the Sl3's and scripts. good luck.

Dont they have a pill for that ?????:D

There are a few fixes for it! ML used a "L" bracket on the bottom of the cabinet.

i had the same problem with my sl3's except the whole panel slip down but not on the floor. i noticed the other day my scripts also slipped down about 1/2". i contacted Jim Powers and he sent me tabs to mount underneath for the Sl3's and scripts. good luck.

How do I contact Jim Powers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back