Cannot playback burned DVD from Camcorder

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sambob2

Reaction score
Purchased a Cannon Vixia HF200 camcorder. It is a high definition AVCHD recorder.
Does anyone know how to succesfully burn one of these files to a DVD that will play on an older DVD player? The closest I have come is to get choppy "digitized" or "pixelated" motion. Most of the other options I choose from the cameras software or Roxio's software will not playback a clear motion image on the television...EXCEPT on the newer $50 DVD player! The manual says the new player is DivX compatible which I believe means it is able to play discs burned from a computer.
I cannot get any burned discs to play smoothly on my Pioneer Elite DV-O5 player. I know the computer is burning fine because the burned disc plays fine on the $50 Phillips DVP3962, but won't play on any of the other older players in the house.
There's got to be a work around for this, otherwise the (DVD)discs will not be playable on most of the families older DVD players...what gives?

Are you "finalizing" the disc in the Canon after you finish buring to it? That's the most common reason a burned disc won't play in another player - there is a final step to effectively formalize the disc. The Canon may or may not do this automatically.

Also, what type of disc are you burning to: +R, -R, RW, something else? Not all players can read all disc types. They have slightly different formatting and reflectivity off of the different disc interior chemicals.

Back