Cambridge Audio?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tikkbomb

Reaction score
I was looking to change from my 7 year old yamaha receiver to an integrated amp option. Due to my job, at Tweeter, I get a great deal on Cambridge Audio products. Was hoping for some Krell, but we no longer carry them. I was looking into either the 640A series 2 or the 840A series 2. I am running some Montages and just doing a stereo setup, can't wire my room for surround without exposed wires. Anyone have any experience with either of these? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I've read some rave reviews about the Cambridge Audio gear, but no personal experience. I understand that they are coming out with a multi-channel amplifier that I may be interested in if it can run my Aerius i very well as I'm looking to possibly upgrade from my NAD receiver.

Tweeter should still have a few Krell 400xi Integrated Amps in some of the stores. I saw a black one in a Tampa store 2 days ago and it was discounted 30-40%. You can buy that unit and have it transfered to your store and probably get a better discount.

One of the more expereinced salesmen there should know how to bring it up on the computer database. I've met a few other Tweeter employees who also surf this site. They often let me know about it after they told me about their factory tour. Most of them got the tour when Gayle Sanders still owned the company and you could see/hear the Statement system in his house.

Can you tell I've shopped there at least once?

I don't have experience with their integrated amps, but I had their 540r receiver for a while. It was a killer setup for the money. It definitely had a nicer sound than a comparable Denon or Onkyo. The amps in the 840a are supposed to be really nice. It would be hard to beat CA for the price, particularly if you get a discount.

Tweeter should still have a few Krell 400xi Integrated Amps in some of the stores. I saw a black one in a Tampa store 2 days ago and it was discounted 30-40%. You can buy that unit and have it transfered to your store and probably get a better discount.

One of the more expereinced salesmen there should know how to bring it up on the computer database. I've met a few other Tweeter employees who also surf this site. They often let me know about it after they told me about their factory tour. Most of them got the tour when Gayle Sanders still owned the company and you could see/hear the Statement system in his house.

Ooooo! To bad (one of) the salesperson there transferred to the Jacksonville area :(
For anybody in that area and shop Sound Advice, see Shawn Y, he's a good guy.

About those Cambridge's.
There was a complete Cambridge setup in Tampa SA with the same Aeon i's i had at the time. It sounded the same as my Outlaw Audio amp system, which isn't a bad thing from my point of view, plus it let me evaluate the sound of the Vantages (albeit on Krell) a little more objectively.

I used to have a CA 640A V1 in my office 2 ch rig. When powering a pair of Mosaics, the sound was warm and clean, soundstage was excelllent, although not expansive. Highly recommended for small or medium sized room.

If I could be of help! I am using the Aerius i with the 840A and there is no problem. The sound is very good and there is ample power. I am going to buy the new CA power amp when it comes out soon and that should even be better with up to 500 watts of power.

this is down to $1898 by the way.

Back