Buying Ascent's cheaply?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Ascent is being discontinued by ML. The Tweeters affiliates had them on sale recently (Sound Advice chain in FL), but for some reason that sale has ended here. I would check other Tweeter affiliates for current pricing.

Speaking of being discontinued, does anyone know the status of the current lineup considering the introduction of the Summit? Recently I've visited several local dealers, all of which used to have ML on display (one even had a dedicated electrostatic room) but the offerings were slim. In particular, did the Prodigy go the way of the do-do bird with the introduction of the Summits?

Tj

Tj Bassi said:
Speaking of being discontinued, does anyone know the status of the current lineup considering the introduction of the Summit? Recently I've visited several local dealers, all of which used to have ML on display (one even had a dedicated electrostatic room) but the offerings were slim. In particular, did the Prodigy go the way of the do-do bird with the introduction of the Summits?

Tj

Yes. :) The Ascent is not far behind because of the introduction of the Vantage, the Summit's sibling. Summits have been hard to come by, so many dealers may not have gotten them yet. As far as I know, no one has Vantage yet. ML was building out the last of the Ascents, probably using up most of the related parts stock. I haven't heard if they have quit taking new orders on the Ascent yet. The significant price drop caused a bit of a run on them.

ML's website needs to be redone in light of new product. Wonder when that will happen?

aliveatfive said:
ML's website needs to be redone in light of new product. Wonder when that will happen?

Typically a month after they start shipping the new product they will add it to the web site.

So if Vantage starts shipping in October they should add it to the official site in November or so.

Back