Blue Light at ML Logo off

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yngvithor

Reaction score
Hi,

I just recently bought Martin Logan Vantage, when I had listened to them all day and until evening I noticed when it got dark outside that the speakers had blue light on the front panel where the logo is. But I noticed that my left speaker did not have any blue light on, only my right speaker.

It´s very annoying to have just one speaker with a blue light on it. And I don´t know it this is adjustable and I haven´t found the knob yet or if this is just a broken bulb. Or is anything else wrong with my speaker that I don´t know of yet.

If anyone has any idea what this can be and if it can be fixed. Should I return the speakers and wait 4 weeks for new ones or try to smash the blue light from the right speaker that is working so atleast both don´t have lights on them :)

When I had the Vantages one of the speaker light went out as well. I un-plug it and it came back on. I would try this and see if you have any luck. Sam

As long as it is still charging and you're getting sound - that's the main thing.

Now for the light - if the Vantage is anything like the Vista then the LED is set a long way back and what you see is actually a tubular lighting conduit. The LED is held in place by some cheap 'n' nasty plastic lugs - these can break off and displace the LED, and if it is not shining directly into the conduit then you get no (or very little) light.

You will need to remove the panel to access it though!

thank you for your answers :)

After a close inspection I noticed that both of the LED´s where shining equally amount of blue light behind the panel, but the left speaker LED just did not align right with the conduit to let enough light shine thru.

Now I just have to remove the panel to align it right..... I just have to get enough courage to remove it safely on my new speakers :meditate:

After a close inspection I noticed that both of the LED´s where shining equally amount of blue light behind the panel, but the left speaker LED just did not align right with the conduit to let enough light shine thru.

Now I just have to remove the panel to align it right..... I just have to get enough courage to remove it safely on my new speakers :meditate:

It's not hard, but a little fiddly - talk to ML - they have written instructions on doing it. Make sure you have help available - don't attempt it by yourself.

Check my thread on repanelling Vistas - you won't need to go to the extent of removing the actual panel, but you will need to take the frame off the front.

Basically - you'll need to go as far as the second picture in Post #4. The LED can actually be seen in that photo - at the top of the woofer box, in the centre, between the white sticker (left) and the panel wiring harness (right).

Many picutres:

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6755

Hope it helps!

Last edited:
Back