BACCH4Mac "Absolute Sound Product of the Year 2024"

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbill

Reaction score
I'm really sold on this program, especially since ORC was added.

I would love to hear it on a pair of CLX speakers.

This is really cool tech, and for folks with just 2ch setups, it's a large step forward. With a $1K intro option (plus M-series Mac), more folks can try it.

Now, I'm skeptical of how well this will work with dipoles like our ML ESLs, as they have a large amount of temporal smear from the rear wave. Even in my highly damped room, there are more mixed reflections than a monopole speaker. That could erase much of the effect.

I agree that a custom HRTF adds to the sound field's naturalness. I learned that using my Smyth A16 Atmos headphone processor when I performed my own PRIR (personalized room impulse response) with mics in my ears.
Using a stereo track, and running through the Dolby Surround upmixer to a 7.1.4 playback stage, the A16 does some pretty impressive things. On classical music, it feels more like I'm in the hall.

BTW- there is a Speaker Edition of the A16 that delivers Atmos with just two (monopole) speakers. Here's a review.

I'm really sold on this program, especially since ORC was added.

I would love to hear it on a pair of CLX speakers.

fun thing is that headphones guys have this tech for free (crosstalk cancellation) and they are trying to introduce it back by applying crossfeed.

Grass is always greener on the other side.

Back