Are the Ascent i's going to be replaced?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

77engineer

I currently own a set of clarity's and I have a couple of more months left before my ability to upgrade these speakers expires. When I originally purchased the Clarity's I figured I would eventually end up with the Ascents i's but I don't want to pull the trigger and then find out they have replaced them with a newer speaker.

Thanks
Adam

They are being replaced by the Vantage - a smaller version of the Summits with a single woofer instead of two.

The Vantage...

Joey,

Do you have a photo or other web-site information on the, ML Vantage? As the ML Home web-site doesn't have anything yet...:D

Thanks

-Robin

Here is a site that brings up the Vantage as the replacement to the Ascenti:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach.../+vantage+martin+logan&hl=en&client=firefox-a

No pics though and no more info other than that. They mention something about being a mini-Summit, so I'm hopeful that this is the case as I adore how the Summit looks (and sound, I'm sure).

If anyone has pics or more info - help us out here. Heheheh... :) .

I like the infor on Goodwin's site...

Joey,

Hey, Thanks so much for the quick responce and info. As always I appreciate it. :)

Cheers

-Robin

Joey,

Thanks for the response hopefulley there will be more info around CEDIA.

Adam

I have a bad feeling that the Aeon is NOT going to be replaced and the Clarity will take its slot.

longhorn said:
I have a bad feeling that the Aeon is NOT going to be replaced and the Clarity will take its slot.

How can the Aeon not be replaced? It bears the same design as the Prodigy, Odyssey, and Ascent, all speakers that have been replaced. The Aeon would be the only old style speaker left.

I see two options.
They will either replace both the Aeon and ascent with the Vantage.
Or two, replace the Aeon separately at another time.

The Vantage sounds like it will be close in size to the Aeon with a powered woofer, I don’t see what they would do with the Aeon if they didn’t replace it with the vantage, unless maybe leave it passive without an internal woofer amp?

longhorn said:

Look at it this way. The Aeon could go the way of some of the other speakers that have been discountinued in the ML line and become real collector's items. :eek:

If you have a chance to buy the Ascents...

I would do it. Because it's being discontinued, you will get a good price, and it's one hell-of-a speaker. I have had mine for 19 months and I now like it better than the Magnepan 3.6R. The Ascent is the best loudspeaker I have ever owned, and one of the best I have ever heard.

you took the words right out of my mouth. they are truly awesome!!!

Back