Anyone download Google Chrome yet?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrmike

Reaction score
This browser is way faster than IE or Firefox. Plus it will always check your spelling which is great for someone like me. I highly recommend it.

I don't see the point myself. It's currently Windoze-only, so I couldn't try it even if I was inclined to do so. Firefox (free, open source, cross platform) on Solaris (free, open source) suits me just fine, thanks.

I've tried it, but didn't really see any advantage over Firefox. What's more, there are some REALLY annoying features, such as not being able to right-click contextual menus!

I've been a huge fan of everything Google for years; I like google.maps better than the others, I got a gmail address, even though I already had three free and anonymous accounts. I got a little put off by Chrome's EULA (google it if you haven't heard) and even though they've changed it, it still gives me a little bit of the Big Brother creepies. The main reason, though, is that I've gotten so comfortable with Firefox that I don't see the need. Sadly, my computer is very old and crappy and I'd probably get a performance boost from Chrome, but I don't want to mess with it.

I'm kind of convinced, though, that Google might be trying to take over the world. What scares me about it is that I think they might be able to. :eek:

they're changing the EULA, claiming "our bad" but still, c'mon google - you're an adult in the internet by now, not a couple of pre-IPO kids in the garage - you know better than to tuck something like that into an UA.

Back