Any Planned Upgrades For 2010?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Classe SSP-800 processor to replace my Audio Research LS25MKII and Denon 3808! I need a one unit to do both 2 channel and multi channel.

I am with Cherian. 430 to 458, same color though:D

Oh and Vistas in the rear channels to CLXs and maybe a new CLX like center channel......but other than that I don't want to be greedy.:D:D

There you go Justin, is that enough beans for you?

Sure Joe.

I'll be track driving a 355, 360 or 575 sometime this year. And a DB9 or Vantage. Nice Xmas present from the wife. These are about 2 secs quicker than my Merc to 60. I really don't find the Merc at 6.3 secs that fast at all, really. It's gonna be interesting to see what difference 2+ secs will make... plus the difference in the handling etc.

If there is any interest, I could start a thread in the DIY section. I don't really recommending trying to build one of these things, but as it is slated for use with Martin Logans the information might be useful to some.

Tj

I'd love to see a dedicated thread for this.

Sure Joe.

I'll be track driving a 355, 360 or 575 sometime this year. And a DB9 or Vantage. Nice Xmas present from the wife. These are about 2 secs quicker than my Merc to 60. I really don't find the Merc at 6.3 secs that fast at all, really. It's gonna be interesting to see what difference 2+ secs will make... plus the difference in the handling etc.

Just curious where you are driving them? It certainly won't be at Donington park! Such a shame that had to happen at that track! I've only had the pleasure of the 355.Please give feedback on the DB9 You are going to have to adjust to the handling (355) It's a light car and love that noise coming from behind you.:cool:

I am with Cherian. 430 to 458, same color though:D

Oh and Vistas in the rear channels to CLXs and maybe a new CLX like center channel......but other than that I don't want to be greedy.:D:D

There you go Justin, is that enough beans for you?

Started looking at 430's in Red or Black with black wheels! That bubble just burst this month with a teenager that needs a car now!

ARC CD-7 w/ upgrade to replace my Denon DCD-1500 player. The CD-7 should be in about the end of January from the upgrade and health-check. The Denon will find home in the secondary system. Next on a longer shot is either or both, a VPI Aries III or Super ScoutMaster and or a ARC PH-5, or PH-7...depends on the job-security confidence level. Most of these purchases will be along the lines of the used market.

Oh yeah, for 2010 I have to think about more room dedicated for only the system. May have to dig out the crawl space under the house. Any contractors in the northern New Jersey area?

Just curious where you are driving them? It certainly won't be at Donington park! Such a shame that had to happen at that track! I've only had the pleasure of the 355.Please give feedback on the DB9 You are going to have to adjust to the handling (355) It's a light car and love that noise coming from behind you.:cool:

http://www.redletterdays.co.uk/Experience/Ref/XFAJV

Stratford, probably. Make a weekend of it and stay in a nice hotel, I expect.

Let's try to keep the thread on topic(ish):)

I am pondering a new pair of speakers for 2010. Other than that I'm not sure.

Glen

just curious, but why is that? upgrade? tired of the vantages?

I thoroughly enjoy the Vantages and if I cannot upgrade then it will not be a problem. However, after alot of listening to the Vandersteen Quatro Woods at my local dealer I have come to prefer their presentation. While my Vantages shine on certain types of music I feel the Vandersteen's present a more neutral picture overall along with a soundstage that is quite impressive. It will be hard to give up my Vantages, but in the long run I think it is a better choice for me and my tastes. Too bad I can't afford to keep both.:(

Glen

Maybe, just maybe I will replace my Puritys with a pair of Spires and a pair of monoblocks, PrimaLuna perhaps.
And of course the Squeezebox Touch to replace my v3.

Back