Amazing 17 year experience with ML CLS 1 ver 2 ESL.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rehan Azim Hashmi

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Hello! This is the second part of my introduction. I will now write about how my ML CLS 1 Ver 2 ESL sounds with Denon PMA-1510AE integrated amplifier and the Marantz CD5004 CD player, QED 1.5m power cables, CLX power cables, Acoustic Research Master series interconnects and cables.

My CLS 1 ESL sounds balanced, clean, clear and dynamic. Orchestral music crescendo's are superbly delivered. Highs are good and i am listening to high frequency sounds that were just not present with the analog sounding Sony amplifier. Bass is suprisingly good and far better than with the previous electronics and cables.

Compared to Denon's superb frequency extreme performance the midrange is not as open or large as with the Sony combo. My guess is it may be because of the entry level Marantz CD5004 as compared to the high end Sony CDP X505ES. Transients are fast and prominent and are a delight to listen to.

To conclude, for the approx. total sum of $2000 spent on the new electronics and cables, it sounds as if after period of using for one year my CLS 1 Ver. 2 ES loudspeakers have been reborn. I am very satisfied with the sound. It is excellent sound if you consider the amount of money spent on new electronics, cables and spikes.

Last edited:
Back