2009 CES Photos

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig

Reaction score
Here is a thread for sharing photos from the 2009 CES. I mostly attended the High Performance Audio section at the Venetian. Although, the attendance was estimated to be down by around 30% it was still a very sizable show and there was some remarkable equipment to be seen and heard.

I have plenty of images to post but still working with my software to find the best size for uploading. If you have photos from CES '09 then bring them on.

This was 300b mono amplifier with a preamp section in one side. Very beautiful design by a gentleman from Sweden. I believe this was a very new model and I suspect it was a push-pull design.

Attachments

• IMG_0385.JPG
    IMG_0385.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
The Totem room sounded decent but nothing special. Was just ok in my opinion inspite of the noticeable effort to apply room acoustic treatment like the plush shag rug.

Attachments

• IMG_0396.JPG
    IMG_0396.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 334
Here is a system shot of the 300b mono amps. Not sure who this company was but they mentioned they were from Sweden. I'll see what I can find.

Attachments

• IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0384.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 316
This should be a better photo size. I'm testing the photo resizing process as a I go along.

This getting better. The acrylic panels/covers on these amps can very easily be removed. They were attached using to the case by magnets located out of sight by placing them on the bottom panel fold going underneath the wood case.

Attachments

• IMG_0385.JPG
    IMG_0385.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:
In the Usher room there were two speakers displayed that still in their final development stages. They'll be available later this year and will be very affordable and priced in the $1500 US dollar range or lower with a variety of finishes available.

a>

Last edited:
This should be better photo size. I'm testing the photo resizing process as a I go along.

This getting better. The acrylic panels/covers on these amps can very easily be removed. They were attached using to the case by magnets located out of sight by placing them on the bottom panel fold going underneath the wood case.

You sure those things aren't Expresso machines ???

"And to compliment the espresso set are the world's largest pair of turbo powered coffee bean scoopers you've ever seen."

This was the Silbatone exhibit. While they didn't score high in the WAF department this system sounded real nice, with excellent midrange, tight and plentiful bass and was very engaging. They were driven by a beautifully designed 300b tube amp.

a>

Very nice - horn based speakers sound a world apart from "normal" speakers, I think. They usually sound very, ahem, curious to me:) Usually in a "there's no way that's even vaguely accurate" kind of a way.

Love the 300B to look at!

Good work. Keep 'em coming, as they say...

Last edited:
The Silbatone 300B integrated amp used to power the large silver horns. This amp looked even better in person.
20k7jvd.jpg

Last edited:
Cary's new Xciter integrated amp. Outputs 5 watts in class A. Should be an excellent headphone amp. Also a new matching DAC with USB input. It will be interesting to see what the price point is on these.

triode.http://www.caryaudio.com/press/news.html#Lets
a>

Last edited:
The Cary room sounded great and it was a pleasure spending some time listening to this system.
2lik402.jpg
[/IMG]

Supported by a pair of Cary Founder's Edition CAD211's.

25zqog6.jpg
[/IMG]

Nothing really new here but there didn't seem to be any weak links in the chain of this system.

Cary SLP-05
Cary 306 SACD Pro
qxtdna.jpg

These single driver speakers were impressive with one of the largest sweet spots and 3D soundstages I've heard. Not the last word in these areas but note the position of the speakers. Moving them out of position didn't effect the imaging and soundstage. They are horn loaded with a large port on the bottom rear.

2ch2bko.jpg

Thanks for posting the pictures... with respect to some of the speakers, as usual - just because stupid things can be invented doesn't mean they should...

"And to compliment the espresso set are the world's largest pair of turbo powered coffee bean scoopers you've ever seen."

a>

I know....to each his own, but I'm sorry they are UUUgly ! to me they look like Elephant Urinals turned upside down !

Back