2008 "Get Together" - RMAF IS IT !!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dinner gathering @ RMAF this year

• yes count me in !

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • no thanks !

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
OK, so it looks like we've got about 8 folks showing up for dinner on Saturday evening. Not sure I can reserve a room for that small number, but I can make a reservation certainly.

1. Tim Bingaman (MiTT)
2. Sandy Boggs (MiTT's better half)
3. Dave B. aka "Twitchy"
4. Steve Truett (slowGEEZR)
5. Joyce Truett (sG's better half)
6. Ralph (Boxeater)
7. Erik (eknuds01)
8. Christine (Eriks hot girlfriend)

I'm still good with everyone coming to my house for drinks and eats and music on Friday evening, but we should talk logistics. I'm about 35 miles north of the show site. If we can manage transportation I promise to put out a decent spread. If it makes more sense to do a group thing closer to the show that's cool with me too.

So I guess that begs the question, where is everyone staying so we know how spread out we are, and who will have transportation?

Last edited:
I'm still good with everyone coming to my house for drinks and eats and music on Friday evening, but we should talk logistics. I'm about 35 miles north of the show site. If we can manage transportation I promise to put out a decent spread. If it makes more sense to do a group thing closer to the show that's cool with me too.

So I guess that begs the question, where is everyone staying so we know how spread out we are, and who will have transportation?

We're driving, so will have a Volvo XC70 station wagon. Holds four adults comfortably, five if the rear passengers are small and like being cozy. We're staying at the Marriot.

OK, so it looks like we've got about 8 folks showing up for dinner on Saturday evening. Not sure I can reserve a room for that small number, but I can make a reservation certainly.

1. Tim Bingaman (MiTT)
2. Sandy Boggs (MiTT's better half)
3. Dave B. aka "Twitchy"
4. Steve Truett (slowGEEZR)
5. Joyce Truett (sG's better half)
6. Ralph (Boxeater)
7. Erik (eknuds01)
8. Christine (Eriks hot girlfriend)

Tim,

I did not take notice that Sandy was coming to the Sat nite dinner, so please add Shirley to the count....making "9" as of now.

Gettin' close! We're checked in at Ouray for the 8th and 9th - gonna do some siteseein'!

Steve, I don't know what it's like down by Ouray right now, but you might miss peak aspen season by about a week. It's absolutely STUNNING up in the high country right now! You'll still get a good feel for the Colorado mountains though, and we are enjoying a truely wonderfull Indian Summer right now, temperatures in the mid 70's to low 80's durring the day, high 30's to mid 40's at night. My favorite time of year in these parts!

Attachments

• colors1.jpg
    colors1.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 124
  • colors2.jpg
    colors2.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 132
  • colors3.jpg
    colors3.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 129
OK, one last pass at the Saturday night dinner contingent - I'm planning to make the reservation today. Here's where we are right now:

1. Tim Bingaman (MiTT)
2. Sandy Boggs (MiTT's hot better half)
3. Dave B. aka "Twitchy"
4. Shirley (Dave's hot wife)
5. Steve Truett (slowGEEZR)
6. Joyce Truett (sG's hot better half)
7. Ralph (Boxeater)
8. Erik (eknuds01)
9. Christine (Eriks hot girlfriend)

I'm also trying to get a rough headcount for folks planning to come over to my place on Friday evening for light food and "****tails" so I know how much food and booze to aquire.

Friday Night at Tim's House:
1. Tim Bingaman (MiTT)
2. Sandy (MiTT's hot better half)
3. Joe (a buddy of mine from college who has SL3's but isn't on this board - yet)

Hard to believe it's right around the corner!

It looks like there is a good chance I'll be busy on Saturday, but I'd love to come to your place on Friday, if you'll have me. I'd even be more than happy to bring a good bottle of wine.

It looks like there is a good chance I'll be busy on Saturday, but I'd love to come to your place on Friday, if you'll have me. I'd even be more than happy to bring a good bottle of wine.

Excellent, I'll count you in.

I'll send a PM to everyone coming to my place on Friday with directions rather than splashing my location all over the Web!

Dinner Reservations Made!

Guys,

For those of you who will be joining us for dinner on Saturday night I have reserved the "Presidents Room" at the Wynkoop Brewery. It's behind the bar on the main floor. We couldn't get the room until 8:15, but that will give everyone time to relax a bit after the show and find their way downtown. We can meet at the bar prior to moving into the room.

Reservation is under either MLOG (Martin Logan Owners Group) or my name Tim Bingaman.

Here's the link again to the resturant:
http://http://www.wynkoop.com/

Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
Great Steve, looking forward to having the two of you over.

So here's where I think we are at for next Friday's festivities:

Friday Night at Tim's House:
1. Tim Bingaman (MiTT)
2. Sandy (MiTT's hot better half)
3. Joe (a buddy of mine from college who has Summits but isn't on this board - yet)
4. Dave B. aka "Twitchy"
5. Shirley (Dave's hot wife)
6. Steve Truett (slowGEEZR)
7. Joyce Truett (sG's hot better half)
8. Feltran

Any others? Free booze and eats!

(Edited: I just found out my buddy Joe moved from SL3's to Summits since the last time I talked to him)

Last edited:
Hi Tim:

Say, if you would, PM me your cell number. I'd like to meet you guys in person and say hello...

thanks!

Jeff

Hey Jeff, I was planning to look for you at the show.

PM on it's way with my cell number...

I'm at the RMAF at the Marriot now. The huge, quadruple sized room next to mine is where Pioneer Electronics is located. On the other side of me is Ypsilon Electronics. The music is already playing, this place seems to have every audio manufacturer around except Martin Logan!

Back