SL-3 Repair

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msflynn03

Reaction score
Embarrassing Question -

Need to check the internal wiring/IC on one of my SL-3's. I've removed the 6-8 screws but the back panel hasn't come off. I don't want to force or pry it.

Any guidance on how to gain access to the electronics would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve

Last edited:
Embarrassing Question -

Need to check the internal wiring/IC on one of my SL-3's. I've removed the 6-8 screws but the back panel hasn't come off. I don't want to force or pry it.

Any guidance on how to gain access to the electronics would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve

Hola...perhaps this might help. What I did was taking off the woofer first, and with the help of a large piece of wood or lug, and a hammer, I put the lug next to the power supply and with heavy steady strokes got the back loose. The black paint is what is holding the back plate. Happy listening,
Roberto.

I would like to thank everyone for their help.

I posted twice to get one of my SL-3's operating again (once to learn how to get the back open and the other to learn what to do once inside). Quick and complete responses followed. It is now working agan.

For the Board's info, we had some lightning the night that it stopped working. It seems that the IC chip blew and required replacement. A placement chip was obtained at Radio Shack for a whole $1.69.

You should also know that my panel did have a replaceable fuse. Some of the pictures of panels on the Board do not show a fuse but mine had one.

Thanks again. I'm in business again.

Good job on the repair. What chip blew?

What are the first 4 letters in your serial numbers? My SL3 start with SELE, so they're from May 2000.

Latest posts

Back