The last listening session...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
So everything (ML Summit, Cary SLP-05, Plinius SA-102) has been sold (kept the Cary 306/200 CDP and the Squeezebox 3 though)... the boxes have been brought up from storage. Before I break apart the system, I just wanted to listen to it one last time. It's very sad to see the system go as I've had so much fun with this amalgam of gear... I recall staying up late just to test out the new tube preamp or having both big amps here to a/b and write a review. I recall listening for hours on end, until I fell asleep in my chair. I also remember lying in my bed (back when it was in the old bedroom) and watching the Athen's Greek Audiophile Club DVD that Wayne got for me through my system. I remember that during some lunch hours, I would walk back from the hospital and listen to my system.

It's definitely a sad day to pack it up, but I take solice in the fact that it is composed of materials I can bring back together again if need be.

So anyway, this last pic is my way of saying good bye to lovely set of components which have brought me several years of enjoyment.

I have learned so much through them and even met all you wonderful folks through the adventure they have brought me.

Did I make a mistake in selling them? Sometimes I think so.

But I gotta stick with my objective decision and let them go.

This is not a goodbye, this is just an acknowledgement of the beauty of our hobby, the beauty of Martin Logan speakers, and the wonders of our little forum here that big Tom presides over.

So one last song, it's from James Blunt's 2nd album (Lost Souls). The song is "Shine On". So fitting. Especially the first line of the song...

"Are they calling for our last dance?"

Thanks again for the fun fellas, I'll always be around and I'm still going to contribute. No ML speakers for now, but atleast I know that my Summits will be safe with Tom.

I want to read this thread in several years and be transported to the day I packed up my system... this thread is bookmarked.

Your friend,
Joey :)

Attachments

• joey1 (Medium).jpg
    joey1 (Medium).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
Dude,
I got teary eyed as I read that. FONK!! :(

Just because you're not a ML owner anymore doesn't mean you're not part of this family... You're not going anywhere, kid...

You've got a great group of ML owners there in the Chicagoland area that can satisfy your jones when you need to hear some esl magic.

There are bigger and better things in your future audio systems... And we'll all be here to make sure you never forget.

So while it's a sad day for you, it's a HAPPY day for me!!! I'm gettin' your Summits!! How cool is that?

I've already scheduled a priest to come over once the speakers arrive to exorcise the Joey-itis evil from them. :devil:

The priest said he'll do his blessing and then we'll crank up some Amy Grant to bless them, so they should be OK. :rocker:

You may be parting with your Summits Joey, but it's so cool that it's staying in our ML owners family here. Congrats on those speakers Tom.:) I know you are going to enjoy them for many years to come.

Seth

HILARIOUS!!!

I just received Tom's check and it says on the memo... "Summits!"

I can almost picture him writing it with a big smile on his face, lucky bastage!!

Like a kid in a candy store huh Tom? You thought your trip to Lawrence was free.... ha!

I just want you to know that I sneezed, coughed, and slobbered all over the Summits' airframes. No way you can decontaminate it short of bathing it in acetone, formaldehyde, bleach, and having homeland security give you the o.k.

Joey :devil::devil::devil::devil:

Listen Up

Joey,
I'm sorry to hear one of the "Chicago Contingent" is without ML's. I will try to host a BBQ this summer, and hope you will come and hear the Ascents in my room. Also will be great koi pond weather (my summer hobby; see Random Picture Thread)

Make sure we hear from you often. Your insight was always a cool read.

Doug - out

Hahahah! Nice one!

Actually, I will have you know that I have settled for a Sony HTiB system.

So hah!

HILARIOUS!!!

I just received Tom's check and it says on the memo... "Summits!"

I can almost picture him writing it with a big smile on his face, lucky bastage!!

Like a kid in a candy store huh Tom? You thought your trip to Lawrence was free.... ha!

I just want you to know that I sneezed, coughed, and slobbered all over the Summits' airframes. No way you can decontaminate it short of bathing it in acetone, formaldehyde, bleach, and having homeland security give you the o.k.

Joey :devil::devil::devil::devil:

Joey,

Did you include the spikes that I made with the Summits? Don't hold out on him now.....

Holy crap!

I check in to see what going on around here and find Joey sold his Summits?
Did hell freeze over and no one told me?

I thought you were going to be buried with them kid.

Why the change?

Hi Joey,

I saw your gear on agon a while back and was quite shocked you were getting out from the hobby for a while. Once you have the audio bug it stays with you . We will be looking forward to your return down the road .Maybe the new ML's will intice you .

Cheers, Greg

Are you sure you also didn't kick in the woofer grill on one of those Summits before you shipped them out? :devil:

Back