Watch Connoisseur's Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
> Eames Chair (never... boo...)

LOL! Never say never. Just plan to buy one for yourself once you are making the big doctor bucks. But make sure you do it before you have a wife to tell you NO!;)

This is the "Accutron 28C05 VX-200 Men’s Diver Watch" which I own. It's built like a tank and feels real good on your wrist. The crystal is a Sapphire crystal and is VERY durable. It also is a self-winding mechanical movement with 25 jewels. Also cool thing about it, it has a see through Sapphire crystal back so you can view the movements.

mywatch.jpg

Last edited:
Ever check out the watches by ESQ? Some of them are very nice and they won't set you back $5000+ bucks.

Erik

And these will have to be "one day" for most of us!!

Attachments

• pp3.jpg
    pp3.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 148
  • pp1a.jpg
    pp1a.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 149
Apologies for the lousy pic quality...I like this Russian watch. It's got a picture of a tank on it! Oh, and a Russian cosmonaut. Keeps time and date; wind it up the old fashioned way! $2.00, from Moscow. :D
237632566-M.jpg

I have THOUGHT of getting into watches but...... my taste won't permit it. I find I LOVE a lot of HiFi gear in the $2-$8,000 range, but EVERY watch I see and go "oh I like that one" is like $15,000+ !

I just have to pretend the watch world does not exist or I'll wind up on the streets :(

Joey, i would consider new Rolex GMT II-c. The "c" is for ceremic bezel which makes it scratch-proof. Thus, the whole face is scratch resistant (sapphire crystal + ceremic bezel). In addition, GMT II-c also has a new hairspring by Rolex that is anti-shock and anti-magnetic, thus ensuring accuracy for a long time.

I have the Yacht-Master Plat/SS...it's a great watch...the platinum dial is cool to look at under the sun/lighting. The bezel is pure platinum too by the way.

Another watch that you may want to look at is the Omega Hour Vision. This is an amazing watch from Omega...the FIRST one with an in-house movement from Omega and it's a great movement, easily on par with anything in the world. It is basically Omega's finest achievement in a long time...and it is to spearhead Omega's return to high-end production watches (aka Rolex level). The Hour Vision's case is something to behold and admire...mixture of SS and sapphire.

Both the Rolex GMT II-c and Omega HV will cost around $5500-6000. And with both, pictures do not do them justice. Rolex YM is expensive, as you found out.

Good luck and congrats.

Last edited:
Thai and Yang,

You guys read my mind... yes, I want that GMT-IIC... I like the look of it, looks very clean and svelte. That's the Rolex that's mildly affordable (cough... cough... choke!) for me (from the 'rents). They told me that unless I cough up some cash, I can't get the YachtMaster (which is oh-so-sexy).

And I thought about it, and I don't really want to get rid of my just-recent Cary 05.... lol!

Or do I?

Joey :)

Back