Got the watch! Finally!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Finally, after much deliberation, research, polling, visiting authorized dealers... I finally decided on a watch and I have to say that I am enjoying this little guy! It was down to the Omega and the Rolex. I brought home the Omega Seamaster GMT 300M (much like the one Tom has) for a day, but I ended up returning it for the Rolex.

However, I could barely manage to remove the Omega from my wrist... it was a beauty! I will somehow reclaim that particular James Bond-esque watch when funds permit someday.

Anyway, I chose this particular beauty. It has an iconic look to it and a great tradition that led to this particular watch. I personally think it is definitely understated in elegance, but still striking in appearance after almost 50 years of existence. A phenomenal watch all around!

This watch signifies 8 years of hard work, and this is a watch that I will never sell/upgrade/trade. I will get other watches, I'm sure of that, but this Rolex SS Submariner will always be in my collection as the most special watch of them all - not because of what it is, but because of what it represents to me.

Anyway, pics galore...

IMG_0699-1.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

Thanks for all the prior input fellas, as always.

Last edited:
Congrats Joey, I know what you mean about 'the memories' that watch will hold. For in my collection I still have and wear the watch my Grandparents gave me upon my first communion over forty years ago, a seventeen jewel Swiss Rodinia. It still runs great to this day !

When my Grandfather past away and I went in business for myself twelve years ago is when I purchased my Rolex GMT master II (Chuck Yeager watch) with money I had gotten from his estate. My Grandfather was watch/clock maker, Horoligist I believe is the proper term ?? Anyways everytime I wear it I think of him.

Enjoy it, wear it proud !!

Joey, Nice!! I have my sights on a Rolex Sub. or sea dweller.

Enjoy it.

Thanks all! Appreciate the well wishes for sure!

Joey, Nice!! I have my sights on a Rolex Sub. or sea dweller.

Enjoy it.

Cher! That's awesome! The Sub is a classic, I can't live without the cyclops now that I've had it for several days now. I was waffling between the Sub and the Sea Dweller, but I felt the Sub just sat on my wrist better and had that more "iconic" look... a VERY tough choice and I had to sit down to really decide between the two. However, the SD is one awesome watch!

Watch Basel 2008 for a possible revamped version of the SD. Some say it will become 43mm and have a Maxi Case.

BTW, if you need an Authorized Dealer who is willing to "discount" Rolexes a little, I got one for you. I gotta tell you man, getting an AD to discount a Rolex (especially a Sub or SD) is hard (was hard). I went to 4 ADs before finding one who was willing to work with me on the price. Let me know if you need the AD's contact person.

Congrats Joey, I know what you mean about 'the memories' that watch will hold. For in my collection I still have and wear the watch my Grandparents gave me upon my first communion over forty years ago, a seventeen jewel Swiss Rodinia. It still runs great to this day !

When my Grandfather past away and I went in business for myself twelve years ago is when I purchased my Rolex GMT master II (Chuck Yeager watch) with money I had gotten from his estate. My Grandfather was watch/clock maker, Horoligist I believe is the proper term ?? Anyways everytime I wear it I think of him.

Enjoy it, wear it proud !!

The Chuck Yeager watch? I didn't know that...

Now that you mention a famous face, I gotta confess... I am really liking that Steve McQueen Monaco (blue face) watch by TAG. :)

The Chuck Yeager watch? I didn't know that...

It's not techically called that, I just gave that label because he has been promently displayed in the various advertisments for that watch.

Nice watch .

Twich do you know that the red and black bezel GMTII are going to be discontinued. Can someone say colector piece. To think I was going to trade up too ....

Twich do you know that the red and black bezel GMTII are going to be discontinued. Can someone say colector piece.

I wonder what will replace it ?? Regardless I have no plans on selling mine.

They are gonna make a black and stainless with a black ceramic bezel only . They still will make gold and green. No more Pepsi bezel or magnumPI red and black

They are gonna make a black and stainless with a black ceramic bezel only . They still will make gold and green. No more Pepsi bezel or magnumPI red and black

I think the Cola and Pepsi bezel *might* be making a comeback during the Basel 2008 show.. stay tuned!

Dave.... good choice keeping it! If I had disposable income, I'd get one asap.

Back