The new CLX is HERE - Exclusive Photos!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, this thread is basically mirroring the Summit thread when the Summit first came out. Some hate it, some like it, some are not sure...

I think as a pair, it should looks nice.

But taken alone, I have to agree, it looks weird.

p.s. In some months we'll all say they are beautiful.

I'm thinking it will look great in gloss piano black wood with candy apple red stators! Honestly, given the design constraints they had to get it to sound right, I think they did alright with the looks.

And what does a Center channel version look like? ;)

Looks weird.

The flashlight trick will not work when it comes to positioning it, unless of course a pair comes in mirror images.

I am sure the pairs will be mirror imaged but that won't help the challenged aesthetics IMO.

with all this discussion back and forth on the CLX, i'd like to thank Tom for getting up real early and posting this, and for that matter developing a great relationship with ML to get the photo in the first place!

CLX - More EXCLUSIVE Photos!!

Here's some more of the CLX.

Aluminum

Attachments

• CLX25_Aluminum_Front.jpg
    CLX25_Aluminum_Front.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 515
  • CLX25_Aluminum_Front_3Quart.jpg
    CLX25_Aluminum_Front_3Quart.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 516
  • CLX25_Aluminum_Rear.jpg
    CLX25_Aluminum_Rear.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 500
More....

Black Aluminum...

Attachments

• CLX25_Black_Aluminum_Front.jpg
    CLX25_Black_Aluminum_Front.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 390
  • CLX25_Black_Aluminum_Front_.jpg
    CLX25_Black_Aluminum_Front_.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 390
  • CLX25_Black_Aluminum_Rear.jpg
    CLX25_Black_Aluminum_Rear.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 395
More...

Cherry finish...

Attachments

• CLX_Natural_Cherry_Front.jpg
    CLX_Natural_Cherry_Front.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 385
  • CLX_Natural_Cherry_Front_3Q.jpg
    CLX_Natural_Cherry_Front_3Q.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 388
  • CLX_Natural_Cherry_Rear.jpg
    CLX_Natural_Cherry_Rear.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 384
More...

Red finish...

Attachments

• CLX_Red_Front.jpg
    CLX_Red_Front.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 460
  • CLX_Red_Front_3Quarter.jpg
    CLX_Red_Front_3Quarter.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 463
  • CLX_Red_Rear.jpg
    CLX_Red_Rear.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 460
Gee, I don´t think it is that ugly!...it is different of what we are used to see. Looks like a little version of the Statement as Mario said before. Hmmmm, with the new xtat tech, perhaps it is a killer sounding speaker. ML will not put in the market a top of the line model that will not perform with their magic like all the previeous models...all ML product has the magic somewhere, right? I do know that took them many years to make it real, and a lot of listening with golden ears test. Also, many ML designers are true musicians! are a lot of parameters that they use with their ears than test instruments, like the feeling of the musician(s) and right size of the instruments with 3 dimensional sound. Stage and the warmth of the woods, brass and percussion are used to try to give us the real thing. Also there are women at ML team...they look very impresive, I do like them as Dan said...some will not liked them, other will and others are in the midle...happy listening,
Roberto.

Looks like they heard and tried to recreate the magic from what could be a system made by usage of a pair of CLS combined with bass panels from the Magneplanar Tympani speakers ;)

CLX is clearly a two way speaker seen from its mecanical details ...., the reason for the flat bass panels is that probaly they will grant a longer lifespan dispite they can cope high spl. :yell:

I do like the approach/idea of the CLX :rocker:

Tom, I can't help but think that have been seriously punked :)

The frame looks like weekend warrior garage work. (did they really have this on display in Germany???).

Also, the total lack of symmetry and usual ML flair is very suspect.

That being said, butt-ugly or not, If they perform I'll be first in line :rocker:

OK. So it's a bit better than the original pic you posted...

Nonetheless, putting a "wing' on either end in order to minimize bass cancellation is not exactly an original concept nor is it rocket science.

Quite frankly, I expected more from the innovation department in ML than what can be gleaned from these photos.

Perhaps we are going full circle on this. There is no serious flaw in the CLS. So maybe there is no real way to "fix" what is not "broke".

If any of you guys have seen and heard the Audiostatic speakers, they do have very fine bass response using the "wing" approach to minimizing cancellation. So the approach, IMHO, is a sound one.

CLX - EXCLUSIVE - rotating SWF files!

Hey guys..

Here's a zip file of the CLX SWF files (shockwave player).

Download the file, uncompress it on your computer and then open each SWF file to see the rotating image of the CLX in the finish of your choice.

Tom.

Attachments

• CLX_SWF files.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 176
the curve on the frame in the red version, along with the bottom matching the panel and not the red, really improves the look - softens the "frame effect" of the red and by making it look less than a frame, it looks less odd having one side of the frame missing, as it appears in the cherry version.

but the black baffle/support on all of them is real real ugly. perhaps if they put a curve on the top edge.

Nonetheless, putting a "wing' on either end in order to minimize bass cancellation is not exactly an original concept nor is it rocket science.

i also think that they've been listening to those who say that CLS frame support is mandatory for good sound and the wing is structural in function as well.

I agree. Frame support is mandatory.

I always forget that aspect of the design because the SA stands do such an outstanding job of correcting the problem.

Back