Yet another new member

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiehill72

Reaction score
I just purchased my first Martin Logan speakers over the weekend and so far I am very impressed with them. I went with a pair of Purity's with a Vignette for the center channel.

I hooked everything up yesterday and it sounds pretty good. We are in the process of moving, but I couldn't wait until we got into the new house to set these up and I can only imagine how much better they will sound when they are in a more optimal placement.

I first saw and heard Martin Logan speakers when I was into car audio during my high school days (way too long ago) and have always wanted them but never had the means. With the new house, we both had our lists of things we wanted and on mine was a media room with all ML speakers. This is just the start. I am planning on using these speakers along with 4-6 Helos speakers in the walls/ceiling of the room. It will be gutted for sound proofing and dampening when we move in.

photo-30.jpg

welcome! you should really enjoy it when you get that left side out of it's cramped quarters!

in your new room are you going to put the cables behind the drywall?

Welcome to the forums! You probably know that you should try to keep them at least 2 feet from the walls, but I know it's just a temporary setup. However, the speakers ought to be toed in a little, which it doesn't look like they are in the picture. Once they are properly setup they should sound much better!

One thing to keep in mind, though, is in my opinion the Purities absolutely need a subwoofer to sound like they ought to.

Welcome to the forums! You probably know that you should try to keep them at least 2 feet from the walls, but I know it's just a temporary setup. However, the speakers ought to be toed in a little, which it doesn't look like they are in the picture. Once they are properly setup they should sound much better!

One thing to keep in mind, though, is in my opinion the Purities absolutely need a subwoofer to sound like they ought to.

welcome! you should really enjoy it when you get that left side out of it's cramped quarters!

in your new room are you going to put the cables behind the drywall?

Thanks for the welcome everybody.

I did a quick alignment with a flashlight last night, but I will definately take another look. The battery was pretty low, so I might not have been getting the best setup.

I can't wait to get in the new house where there will be plenty of room for the speakers to be in a proper placement.

All cables for the new media room will be run inwall. I am looking at a ceiling mounted projector for the display that will be mounted in the back of the room. There is a walk in closet in the back of the room, so all the A/V equipment will be in there and cables will be run up to the front for the Purities.

Welcome. You will really love those things when they have some space around them!

It is good to see more Seattle members. Welcome to the club and congrats on your purchase!

I returned the Vignette this weekend and got a Motif instead. I just wasn't thrilled with the sound of the Vignette as a center channel.

You beat me to the punch, I was going to say you should pick up another Vignette and move them to the rear. The motif is a great speaker, I have had it for almost a year now and it has really started to shine in the last few months. These speakers get better the more you play them. You start to discover new sounds and depth that you have never heard before. Have fun setting up the new house.

Well, we have decided not to move, so I ended up moving my HT equipment to the other wall in the living room in order to make more room for the speakers. The tv and Motif are wall mounted now and the Purity speakers have more space. The sound is quite a bit better. I still need to position the speakers a bit better and clean up the cables a bit. I just finished this up last night and took a crappy cell phone picture.

photo-33.jpg

The setup is looking very nice, but I bet they would sound even better if you could get them out a little further from the wall. That is the game we all play, balancing function and aesthetics...

Hi Jamie.
This thread has turned into a member system thread. Please go to the MEMBER SYSTEMS area, read the announcement on how to post there and then do it. :D

Thanks!!

Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back