Winter advice for colder rooms

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raanan

Reaction score
Move your MLs closer to the front wall.Sound tends to get thinner when temperatures are colder-not because of decreased conductivity(this happens in high humidity) but because of the speakers' behaviour.
Sound will be fuller with speakers closer to the wall.Every centimeter counts in the balancing act.I moved mine 20 cms. closer,with my room temp. down about 10 degrees Centigrade compared to the summer average here.
Enjoy.

how much have you had to drink tonight???
just kidding man its late and I just read your thread kind of neat discoveries you have their though

Last edited:
Move your MLs closer to the front wall.Sound tends to get thinner when temperatures are colder-not because of decreased conductivity(this happens in high humidity) but because of the speakers' behaviour. Sound will be fuller with speakers closer to the wall.Every centimeter counts in the balancing act. I moved mine 20 cms. closer,with my room temp. down about 10 degrees Centigrade compared to the summer average here.
How far were they from the wall before you moved them back 20cms (7.87 inches for us metric deprived westerners)? That is a large move of the speakers - but glad to see you tried it with great results.

You never know how something will turn out unless you try it.

Latest posts

Back