Wife Loves The Look Of CLX

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOON

Reaction score
I was in Chapters today looking at stereo magazines and showed my wife a full page ad on the CLX, She loved the styling with the full panels. I told her those were the same speakers as that guy on the ML forums had the picture cut out of to see how they would look in his room.

I still chuckle at that Todd. Anyway, there's a 50/50 chance we might move this year which would include a larger soundroom, so you never know. Those CLX sure do have WAF. I bet the pictures don't do them justice.

Cheers, Greg

I was in Chapters today looking at stereo magazines and showed my wife a full page ad on the CLX, She loved the styling with the full panels. I told her those were the same speakers as that guy on the ML forums had the picture cut out of to see how they would look in his room.

I still chuckle at that Todd. Anyway, there's a 50/50 chance we might move this year which would include a larger soundroom, so you never know. Those CLX sure do have WAF. I bet the pictures don't do them justice.

Cheers, Greg

Hey Greg,
haha, yea Todds picture is timeless. I think we all laugh a bit here and there with the thought.
Yes the CLX in person are absolutey stunning, pictures do not do any justice.
I really hope you can acquire a pair :D

Hi Greg,

I take it you haven't yet had a chance to hear the CLXs sing? Seriously, make it a 2011/Q1 goal to go hear them (hell or high-water kind of thing). Or invite yourself to Necrosuit's place ;)... or mine. I all but guarantee you and the Mrs will fall completely, hopelessly in love with them. It's materialism like you've never tasted ;) It is especially awesome to hear that your wife likes the aesthetics. My wife said "huh, they're big... like those other flat ones you had" (she was referring to Maggie 3.6r). I then asked her to sit in THE chair while I demoed them. While she often will simply amuse me with a "that's nice dear" when I've done this before with other speakers, it was a different deal this time. I could instantly tell by the lift in her brow that she was genuinely impressed by the the music's near tangibility. Her single word response really nailed it... "Impressive!". And she's right, they are.

Anywho, keep us posted on your potential progress toward acquisition!

Cheers

Hi Todd,

It will all depend if we move or not. My current room is too small for them. I had been planning to buy my new amps this year, Simaudio Evolution W-7 monoblocks, but will put that off.

If we move, I will do the speakers and keep my current amp. You are correct, I still haven't heard the CLX yet.Thanks for the invite, I am up in Canada.

Cheers, Greg

My room is way to small but the CLX still sound amazing :music:
Where in Canada?
Todd, why thanks for inviting him over my house ;)
Any of you guys are welcome if in the area.

I am house trained, really, I am. I am a 2 hour drive east of Toronto, Ontario.Thanks for the invite. I will have to make a trip to Toronto to hear them.

Cheers, Greg

Hi Bernard,

www.americansound.com has a set in maple finish.Alterrnative Audio along with Simcoe Sound are ML dealers as well, however, I am not sure if they have pairs.

Cheers, Greg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back