Where to buy Power Cords?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feltran

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Depth i from an individual, and when I unpacked it I realized there was no power cord in the box. I'm waiting to hear back from the seller, but assuming he doesn't have a power cord, where can I buy a new cord? I can't find anywhere that sells the type of 2-pronged cord that Martin Logan uses. Also, I'd rather not pay for a super high-end cable.

You can get by with a desktop computer power cord. The one that plugs into your power supply. It uses the same 15A connections. If you can find one with thicker guage (smaller number) wiring the better. Can easily be found at a hardware store, local audio/video store electronics supply store, or your local radio shack.

You can get by with a desktop computer power cord. The one that plugs into your power supply. It uses the same 15A connections. If you can find one with thicker guage (smaller number) wiring the better. Can easily be found at a hardware store, local audio/video store electronics supply store, or your local radio shack.

I have a few computer power cords sitting around, but they're all three-pronged. Is that not a problem?

Feltran, I have plenty of three prong cords (IEC Type) sitting around and would be happy to just give you one. I'll have to check and see if I have any 2 prong.

At any rate, I'm in Denver so it would be easy for us to hook up if I have a 2 prong. I'll look this evening.

Feltran, why do you think the power cord should be of the 2-prong type?

My Depth-i came with a 3-prong cable to go into its IEC 320 connector.

Ralflar, as with most electronics companies, Martin Logan uses different power supplies and corresponding hardware depending on the country of sale. In the US, ML uses two pronged power cords.

Luckily, the seller said he has the power cord and would send it to me today, so I'm set. I appreciate your offer though, MiTT.

Feltran, why do you think the power cord should be of the 2-prong type?

My Depth-i came with a 3-prong cable to go into its IEC 320 connector.
My SL3's came with a 3-pronged plug, but the ground is not connected.

Your sub may only have a 2 prong IEC connector but it will work with either a 2 or 3 prong. Makes no difference.

Feltran,

My Depth-i is from the US. The power cord was of the 3-prong type. I replaced it with a 3-prong Signal or Zebra Cable.

But Bernard is right. I checked the Depth-i's power socket - it too has no ground pin.
Ralflar, as with most electronics companies, Martin Logan uses different power supplies and corresponding hardware depending on the country of sale. In the US, ML uses two pronged power cords.

Luckily, the seller said he has the power cord and would send it to me today, so I'm set. I appreciate your offer though, MiTT.

be careful there are a few members that might try to get you to buy a power cord that cost more than your speaker!

Back