Well...I'm a Martin Logan owner again!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akm3

Reaction score
I got off the fence and purchased my rear speakers, a pair of Fresco i's with stands. Since I'm currently running with only the sound from my TV, they will actually serve as my main Left/Rights until I can swing a pair of Summits or Spires (or maybe Vantages)

My ultimate goal is to run two Fresco in the rear (maybe 4 with Logic 7) and Spires or Summits with a phantom center. Descent or two Depth subs. Maybe add a stage if I hate the phantom center.

The amp I have right now is an Adcom GFA-5002, which is 50wattsx2 and 75watts x2 4ohm...I know this is a bit low, but is this good enough for the Fresco i's when they arrive? Or do I have to bust out my Adcom GFA-7400 which is a bit beefier...until I win a Sunfire Cinema grand auction.

The amp I have right now is an Adcom GFA-5002, which is 50wattsx2 and 75watts x2 4ohm...I know this is a bit low, but is this good enough for the Fresco i's when they arrive? Or do I have to bust out my Adcom GFA-7400 which is a bit beefier...until I win a Sunfire Cinema grand auction.

That should be fine for the Fresco's.

But you're on the right track with the Sunfire. Happy bidding !

AKM,

Which logans did you own before?

I already forgot..

Sorry my Martin Logan history.

A loong time ago: Pair of used Aerius

Less long time ago: A pair of used Vista's and a Fresco.

Saturday: A pair of NEW Fresco i's
Next week: A pair of used Mosaics, another Fresco, and two Acculine A1's, and a Dynamo.

Saturday: A pair of NEW Fresco i's
Next week: A pair of used Mosaics, another Fresco, and two Acculine A1's, and a Dynamo.

Jeez, at that rate, you'll be in CLX + twin Descent i's by the end of Summer! :eek:

Jeez, at that rate, you'll be in CLX + twin Descent i's by the end of Summer! :eek:

haha

My ultimate goal is to have the Fresco i's as surrounds, maybe 2 more Fresco's for the rear surrounds (I like Logic 7), a Stage center and Summit or Spire mains - and two Depth i or a Descent. But I'm waiting on the actual 'lectrostats for a while.

And like I said, I picked up the Mosaics more becuase I've always wanted to audition them. Whether I like them or not, the plan is to sell them, unless they completely blow me away or something and then I'd move them to a different audio system.

Latest posts

Back