Vista or Ascent?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockeratheart

Reaction score
One local guy near me is selling a pair of Vistas for $2050. I would consider these even though they are a bit more than the going Ascent price. Around $1500 or so. Assuming amps being the same, small bryston or similar, which would you guys prefer?

:confused:

Tough choice. They have the same sensitivity, same power handling, so the amp should power both the same. The Ascent has the lower crossover frequency (280hz vs. 450hz), which may or may not be important to you.

For Ascent...
Deeper bass frequency response (35hz vs. 43hz). (10" cone vs. 8" cone)
(Note: Ascent has paper cone, Ascent i has aluminum cone)
Taller panel (48" vs. 40").

For Vista...
Newer, has Xstat.
Lighter (54 lbs. vs. 72 lbs.)

The main criteria however is how do they sound to you? Based on specs alone, I'd choose the Ascent i. But, I'd listen to both before I chose.

I agree listen to them both see what strikes your fancy. I would probably go with the vista, like mentioned above, newer stat technology, and less obtrusive in a room. But it is all personal preference.

Id look at some Quests or Questz . I may know where to get a great pair with BRAND new panels. Completely redone ! At a great price. you would get good bass and great mids. Quest have a large panel with a sweet midrange . Prolly under $1800.

yes C.A.P said it best

or buy the vistas for their style I would listen first if possible I think you may be impressed with the bigger panels

quest z

Hey CAP, that sounds very tempting. That would take me full circle. I was looking into a pair of quest z's here in MN, but they were too expensive, and I wasn't ready, ALMOST!!

ben

You might want to get ahold of the Vista seller. I've met him a few times and is a real standup guy. I happen to have his exact setup that he's getting rid of. He may be willing to help you listen to them.

probably sound quite similar so it might come down to what other speakers are you going to pair with them...might be nice to stick w/ one "style" in the system. I have Prodigy, Ascent, Theater, Scripts and they all LOOK like they go together not to mention are all voiced well together. If you went Vista you would want to stick w/ that style for the other speakers in the system to gain the maximum speaker synergy.

Latest posts

Back