Vantages with Rogue Audio Titan?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jungle Jack

Reaction score
Hello,
While quite familiar with the M150's, I have no first hand experience with the Titan. At less than $1400.00, it seems almost to good to be true given it exceeds the rated specs. The Stereophile review was fawning. Thinking I will just order one for yuks and giggles and set it up on occasion leaving my Parasound HCA-3500 for main duty.
Thoughts Appreciated,
Mark

I'm familiar with all the current preamps and have heard most of the Rogue amps and integrateds. I'd be very interested in reading your thoughts of the Titan.

I know Dave has the M150s powering his Vantages...

Joey

Mark, As Joey said, I've been running my Vantage's the past three weeks with a pair of M-150's and I am very satisfied (now that I switched my IC's to DH Labs Air Matrix).

Now, with that being said I doubt that I would be as happy with Rogue's little 50 watt stereo amp, for I did try out my little Jolida 302-B sometime back and was not overly excited. I'm not implying that the Jolida and the Rogue are sonic twins rather they are both 50 watt EL-34 based amps.

I can think of better ways to spend $1400 and get more than "Chits & Swiggles" !

Hello,
My brother has M150's as well and they are, in a word, amazing. He uses them with Ascent i's. The titan puts out around 100 watts out of the 4 ohm taps and 87 watts or so out of the 8 ohm taps according to the Stereophile review. All kidding aside, what would you recommend for that money?
Cheers,
Mark

Hello,
Cary gear is excellent. Will call Kevin Deal at Upscale Audio about Cary. I could spend more as well. I was just reading Stereophile when I saw the Titan review and was shocked by both its appearance and power output. I am happy with my SS amp. This is just to dip my toe in tubes.
Cheers,
Mark

Back